“Local Pub”

Cuisines: American
Bolton, Connecticut
“Local Pub”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Birch Hill Tavern is a great place to get together with friends and family. There a two parts to the restaurant. If you want the traditional sit down restaurant there is a separate area for dining. The pub area is in the front part with a great bar and high top tables. I have come here with friends out for a beer and burgers, with my wife for a special dinner and with my family for a casual dinner. Great burgers, quite a variety of microbrews that change frequently. Also some very tasty main dishes, although I think these are a bit overpriced. I had the Short Rib ravioli which were delicious, but $22 for pasta is a bit much. Last night I had the beet salad $8 and it was amazing. Highly recommended. My daughter had the Rex burger, topped with a fried egg and avocado perfectly cooked to medium. All in all my wife and I keep coming back because we like the atmosphere, service and food.

• Visited June 2014

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great low-key, neighborhood tavern”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went on a Sunday evening, just getting in town on business. I came from Glastonbury and, honestly, didn't expect to find anything good the farther out I got. But the place is very clean and cozy, great neighborhood pub feel. Had a burger and fries, which were good. Apparently they're big on craft beers, the drafts change quite often and the bartender was extremely knowledgeable. Overall, I was extremely pleased, would definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2014
Connecticut
“Great find in an unexpected location!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Have been to this restaurant twice and had a great experience each time. Food is delicious - shrimp taco and shrimp quesadilla. Also had the bread pudding which was a killer! Only downside is that it is noisy.

• Visited May 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Frist visit ”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed the visit. Atmosphere is casual. Decor seasoned wood everywhere. Our server Lauren D. was a true professional. She knew the menu inside out and made very helpful suggestions. Our meals were very good. I had the scallops my wife the lobster Mac and cheese. Salad and appetizer great too.

CT
“Noise level unacceptable”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The noise level in this bar/restaurant made it impossible to have any sort of conversation. And, as another reviewer wrote, it was so bad that at times it was painful. There is a wall separating the bar area from the dining area but it is open at the top and sides--not a sound buffer at all.

When we first went to BHT the food was excellent--crab cakes were extraordinary. The menu changed after that, with only very ordinary food like wings and burgers. It is just down the street from us and we would love to enjoy going there, but unfortunately will be choosing to drive a little farther when we go out.

I don't recall the level of service; the quality of the food was fine.

Visited June 2013