Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskrestaurants and shoppingpool and hot tubbusiness staybreakfast buffetwithin walking distancehartford areaclean roomsvery nice hoteleasy accesslocation was perfectfitness centerpleasant stayup to datea great place to staywould definitely stay here againbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I sent all my wedding guests to you and had more than a few issues. They mislabeled my guests information, losing their reservation and then asked them to reserve their room again, but at a rate half again as high as their original rate. They could not keep track of how many people reserved rooms in the wedding block I reserved. I talked to 4 people one day- three of whom told me it was full and one of whom told me it was a third full. The person who gave me the different answer was the person in charge of the reservation block. At the end of the day I had to give you my entire guest list so your staff could go through and make sure that all of my guests who tried to book a room at the block rate could pay the correct amount. I trusted the Hilton Garden Inn to take care of my wedding guests and instead I had to babysit their staff the week of my wedding. I would not stay there again or advise anyone planning a wedding to reserve a block here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank erinosul
DirectorofSales8565, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience with us. I apologize that you encountered some difficulties with guest reservations and that your expectations were not met. We host many guestroom blocks like yours with great success. There may be a number of reasons why some of your guests did not secure reservations under your wedding room block. Each group block is given a 30 day“cut-off date” to book rooms. After that date, any rooms not booked are released for sale to the general public. There is no cost obligation on behalf of the client for rooms not booked. Because customer satisfaction is our number one goal, we may extend a group cut-off date based on our availability. On occasion a guest might also book a reservation using their AAA membership discount or a government employee might book a different rate. We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in the planning of your wedding.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and was very satisfied. The staff was kind and professional, and both the check-in and check-out processes were quick and painless. After giving me the room key, they called about 10 minutes later to make sure that everything in the room was up to my satisfaction, which it was. The bed was comfortable and the wake-up call was timely, making this stay very enjoyable overall.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIGlastonburyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the recent stay in Glastonbury. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and greatly value the feedback as their is no higher praise to the staff then seeing their efforts be noticed. We look forward to your future visits to the area and hope you chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is centrally located for those with business in the Glastonbury area. The front desk staff is excellent -- always friendly, helpful and willing to assist. Although the bed, bedding, towels, etc. are very nice, the pillows are not -- they look nice, but immediately flatten out and provide absolutely no head/neck support -- even with three per bed. Pool and workout area are small and can be busy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIGlastonburyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on our property and your visit. It brings great pride to the team when their efforts are notcied and appreciated by our guests as this is the ultimate compliment in our business. We will look into the options for different pillows and thank you again, and hope you choose us again when coming to the Glastonbury area.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Comfortable bed. Room smelled like moth balls. The room wasn't as clean as other Hilton's. Close to restaurants and shopping. My company rate was more expensive than booking on my own. Last time I stayed I payed less and had free breakfast but not this time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIGlastonburyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and providing this feedback. Though normally rated well in cleanliness and service, I see we fell below in the cleanliness of your room. This issues will be addressed and we do hope you would stay again on future visits to the area.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. It was easy to find right off the main highway (although no noise at all), had plenty of parking, and the staff was great. The room was clean and comfortable and I slept better in that bed than I sleep at home.
The only interesting part of my quick stay was that the TV remote didn't seem to work. When the front desk called up to make sure my room was as expected (which was a nice touch), I advised them that the remote wasn't functional, and that while I didn't care, they may want to get it fixed for the next person who stays in the room. The nice lady at the front desk apologized and then called me right back to tell me to unplug the TV, plug it back in, and then the remote should work. An interesting fix, but it did seem to work better after taking her troubleshooting advice.
Overall, a nice experience. Will stay here again when I return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and more so that you were able to take time to review the visit. Though many are concerned by the potential highway noise you were able to experience it and truly understand the sound proof glass that was installed as safety for our guests to make stays more enjoyable. I am also pleased that our team could assist in fixing your TV issues. The team thanks you again for the comments and hopes you will chose us again in the future visits to the Glastonbury area.