“Room Service Exceptionally Good, Bed Uncomfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glastonbury
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The room service was great. Surprisingly great. We couldn't believe how good it was! We would go back just for that. The pool and hot tub area were also nice. Overall we had a very good stay. We arrived a little early and the staff was great in letting us check in with little wait. Past reviews have said the internet was slow, we did not find it to be slow at all. Our only negative was we found the bed itchy and uncomfortable, which was a shame because everything else was so great! Another negative was our air conditioner constantly stopped working. Apparently it happens often because the lady at the front desk knew exactly what needed to be fixed every time and sent someone up promptly {some sensor wasn't working so they always had to turn it off or something}.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Traveling on business in CT. I have been to this property before and it has not changed. Clean, great location, plenty of places to eat in the area. I would recommend Plan B for a beer and burger. Barnes & Noble next door for a coffee and a quick read. The only reason they did not get an excellent was because the fitness equipment needs updating. It was all in good working condition, but was very old style compared to newer Garden Inn properties.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My mom and I stay here each spring for our annual shopping trip. Staff is always friendly, rooms comfortable and clean, and the breakfast buffet is worth the cost. The breakfast staff, by the way, are very eager to please and make sure you have what you need for a delicious, enjoyable breakfast. Yes, the internet is slow, and the pool area is small, but I have found the workout room to always be clean. So, if you are not there for the pool, it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I have to travel to Connecticut at least 4 times a year, and I always stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Manchester. This time I decided to do something a little different while remaining loyal to the Hilton Honors hotels.

Staff
Everyone was excellent! There was never a time that I was not greeted by a friendly face at the front desk. The dining staff for breakfast and dinner were also exceptional! I have recently started this diet, so I am still in process of changing my eating habits. The cook prepared an excellent meal for me to enjoy while helping me to stay on my plan. The cleaning staff was excellent. Just an overall great experience. I was made to feel very welcome.

Room
Pretty clean. I was somewhat disappointed only because my impression was that maybe there would be something extra/different about these rooms as opposed to a Hampton. After all, this is a Hilton Garden Inn right? A step up right? The bed was comfortable with a nice adjustment for firmness on the mattress. I suspect maybe some type of sewage or pipe issue because no matter if I used my restroom right after a cleaning or hours after there was a smell. Almost like what you begin to smell about the third or fourth day in your restrooms on a cruise ship.

Fitness Center
The fitness center was small, but it had everything you needed. No complaints there.

Internet
I realize that we should not expect super speed on travel, but good grief the internet was so slow. One night I finally got so frustrated with it, and I decided to have dinner at a restaurant with WIFI to get some additional work done. To give you an idea of how slow, I had to download a 90 mb size file. It took 20 minutes!

Breakfast
Again, maybe I have just gotten so used to Hampton Inn, but I didn't like the fact that breakfast was not complimentary.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Pumwee
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed with the Hilton Garden on a business trip in June. Was a great place to stay the staff was very welcoming and the rooms were clean and comfortable. And the adjustable bed was great!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
glastonbury8565, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to the greater Hartford area. Our number one goal is to exceed our guests' expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hilton Garden Inn Glastonbury on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights for an event held at the hotel. The room was a nice size with a microwave and refridge. The bed was an adjustable sleep foam model--my 1st time on one and not all that impressive. The bedding was a sheet set and a duvet--I much prefer a blanket and bedspread to allow more options on temperature. The facility was fine for our event purposes. The hotel restaurant was very average, and breakfast was not included in the room rate (definitely a minus). The hotel is located near (but not adjacent to) several dining options. The taxi ride from this hotel to the Hartford International airport was $56 (so sharing a ride is a good option, if you can manage it).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I've reviewed this property before, but with travel each week with the same chain you recognize the inconsistencies. This is not the case with this property. They get it right each and every visit. Customer focused staff, great breakfast (one of the best prepared breakfasts among all of the hiltons in my territory), free wi-fi and parking. The rooms are well-maintained and the location is good.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Hilton Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 12 in Hartford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury? Share your experiences!