“Consistently Good”

Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glastonbury
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My mom and I stay here each spring for our annual shopping trip. Staff is always friendly, rooms comfortable and clean, and the breakfast buffet is worth the cost. The breakfast staff, by the way, are very eager to please and make sure you have what you need for a delicious, enjoyable breakfast. Yes, the internet is slow, and the pool area is small, but I have found the workout room to always be clean. So, if you are not there for the pool, it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I have to travel to Connecticut at least 4 times a year, and I always stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Manchester. This time I decided to do something a little different while remaining loyal to the Hilton Honors hotels.

Staff
Everyone was excellent! There was never a time that I was not greeted by a friendly face at the front desk. The dining staff for breakfast and dinner were also exceptional! I have recently started this diet, so I am still in process of changing my eating habits. The cook prepared an excellent meal for me to enjoy while helping me to stay on my plan. The cleaning staff was excellent. Just an overall great experience. I was made to feel very welcome.

Room
Pretty clean. I was somewhat disappointed only because my impression was that maybe there would be something extra/different about these rooms as opposed to a Hampton. After all, this is a Hilton Garden Inn right? A step up right? The bed was comfortable with a nice adjustment for firmness on the mattress. I suspect maybe some type of sewage or pipe issue because no matter if I used my restroom right after a cleaning or hours after there was a smell. Almost like what you begin to smell about the third or fourth day in your restrooms on a cruise ship.

Fitness Center
The fitness center was small, but it had everything you needed. No complaints there.

Internet
I realize that we should not expect super speed on travel, but good grief the internet was so slow. One night I finally got so frustrated with it, and I decided to have dinner at a restaurant with WIFI to get some additional work done. To give you an idea of how slow, I had to download a 90 mb size file. It took 20 minutes!

Breakfast
Again, maybe I have just gotten so used to Hampton Inn, but I didn't like the fact that breakfast was not complimentary.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Pumwee
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed with the Hilton Garden on a business trip in June. Was a great place to stay the staff was very welcoming and the rooms were clean and comfortable. And the adjustable bed was great!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
glastonbury8565, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to the greater Hartford area. Our number one goal is to exceed our guests' expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hilton Garden Inn Glastonbury on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights for an event held at the hotel. The room was a nice size with a microwave and refridge. The bed was an adjustable sleep foam model--my 1st time on one and not all that impressive. The bedding was a sheet set and a duvet--I much prefer a blanket and bedspread to allow more options on temperature. The facility was fine for our event purposes. The hotel restaurant was very average, and breakfast was not included in the room rate (definitely a minus). The hotel is located near (but not adjacent to) several dining options. The taxi ride from this hotel to the Hartford International airport was $56 (so sharing a ride is a good option, if you can manage it).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I've reviewed this property before, but with travel each week with the same chain you recognize the inconsistencies. This is not the case with this property. They get it right each and every visit. Customer focused staff, great breakfast (one of the best prepared breakfasts among all of the hiltons in my territory), free wi-fi and parking. The rooms are well-maintained and the location is good.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I have stayed at this property several times while in East Hartford for business. The location is very nice with shopping and plenty of restaurant choices in walking distance or even a very short drive away. The property is very well maintained and the staff always pleasant and eager to make guest as comfortable as possible. On my most recent stay, Mike was very helpful in securing me a room with the whirlpool tub to aid a back condition and accomodating my absent-mindedness when I could not keep track of my room key. While there are other choices in the area, I always opt to stay at this property.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Lousy internet and room air conditioning is very noisy. Check in for diamond members not necessarily fast, sometimes 2-4 parties in line. Better choices elsewhere....

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Hilton Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 12 in Hartford
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury? Share your experiences!