“Quite busy place”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sakura Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Sakura Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The sushi/sashimi is quite good. The only thing I don't like is the sauce they poor over the makis. I personally do not like the inside of the restaurant, it is to dark for my taste. I like sitting outside, but there are only a few tables available.
The service was fine every time we have been there but can take some time during busy times. The cocktails are very good.

There are newer reviews for Sakura Garden

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

It's no different than any other sushi restaraunts in a 25 mile radius. The sushi is typical grade sushi although I would definitely ask what's the freshest seafood they have in. The only other good thing about eating here is there are other restaraunts and bars within walking distance.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My dad recommended this place so I decided to try it out on my birthday. I made a GREAT decision. The service was excellent, our waitress was very friendly, and the atmosphere was authentically Asian. I ordered the sushi for two so I could share it with my brother and it was delicious. We devoured everything and it was a fantastic birthday lunch. The price was modest but totally worth it. I've also heard great things about their hibachi, so I'll be returning some day for that as well. All and all, great service, amazing sushi, and modest prices but definitely worth it.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is a great place for sushi and hibachi. It took us a few minutes to be seated, even though we had reservations, which could be because it was a Friday night. We found the front desk's staff to be unhelpful. The sushi and appetizers were great. It took the chef a while to get to our table. He put on a great show with lots of flames that any child would love. The portions are enormous, especially if you order the double entrees (such as chicken & steak). We came out of this resturant stuffed and happy.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was at Sakura Garden for lunch with a few colleagues during lunch break. Well it has been a sequence of disappointments. First of all we made a reservation online and when we got there there was no table. We were sat at an hibachi table. We all ordered bento lunch boxes except for a colleague who asked for hibachi. After long waiting (some had to get back to work) lunch arrives. But clearly you see they made a mistake and they bring back to the kitchen two of the lunch boxes. Without apologies or explanations my box and a colleague will arrive after a good 15 minutes later. A third colleague ordered hibachi and to his surprise they did not come at the table to cook it, but he got a tiny plate from the kitchen. Another got his bento box on a plate because "they ran out of boxes". The food was uneventful and too scarce, so much that we left hungry. The staff were clueless. When asked about where the restrooms were, a waitress did not know and had to ask to another one. We saw more plates going back than coming out the kitchen. Never again there. Such disappointment.

1  Thank vate69