“Food great but depends on who the chef is. Wait staff quick and attentive”

Piatti Italian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #66 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: Italian
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Food great but depends on who the chef is. Wait staff quick and attentive”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here a half dozen times since it is so close to our house. Pizza is good and compares with other places in town. There is casual section on one side with sports TV - kind of a bar scene. On the other is a fireplace that opens onto two sides - can be a more intimate setting appropriate for special occasions. But families are attracted to it. Outside is a patio with fireplace. Under previous owners there would be very loud noise and loud music which would disturb us in the neighborhood. We could actually hear voices and feel the music beat from our bedroom it was so loud - and we are 3 blocks away. That has not been a problem with new owners but if they start up the outdoor music scene we will be organizing a neighborhood protest. ok - food. I love the seafood "daviola." when cooked right - crispy and tangy. The first time I got it, it was phenomenal. The second time I ordered it, it was with another couple. My buddy (a gourmet) and I both ordered it - mild to mid spicy. It came fiery hot. We both complained. The waitress explained that it was due to an exceptionally hot delivery of chilies. Fine, but other than an apology for food we could not eat there was no complimentary glass of wine or refund on our meals. My friend swore never to go back. I have had the spaghetti and meat balls twice. The first time was excellent. The second time the sauce tasted like tomato sauce out of a can - bland without flavor. I can only surmise that the quality of the food depends on who is cooking. Prices are decent. Atmosphere is good, just be cautious of the unevenness of the food.

• Visited February 2012