“Great place for tapas and drinks”
Review of Rooftop 120

Rooftop 120
Reserve with OpenTable
Rooftop 120 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New London Turnpike
Description: Rooftop120 Restaurant and Bar is New England's largest four season rooftop. Located at 120 Hebron Avenue in Eric Town Square, Glastonbury, CT. Come join us inside for a unique dining experience with our specialty cocktails and seasonally inspired menu. Our magnificent, year-round, four season rooftop has amazing views and two fire pits for those cool nights. The excitement of the rooftop is flowing with live music Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Nights. Ask today about hosting your next private function at Rooftop 120. Your guests will be blown away by the fun and friendly atmosphere. Leave the work to us for your next holiday party, birthday party, bachelorette party, or corporate event! We can accommodate up to 80 guests in our private room.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a little more than one plate. My husband had the onion soup and the pot pie. He said both were excellent. I had the shrimp coctail. Never saw shrimp so big. Really really good. I also had the shrimp scampi pizza which was a little spicy but also very good. We watched the plates coming out of the kitchen. All of them looked good. It was a little pricey but well worth the trip. They have an inside and also an outside in the summer. Great ambience. Would go back again. You do need a reservation on the weekend. No lunch just dinner.

1  Thank arubaduke

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just got apps - overpriced drinks and food but killer atmosphere and bar area. Not sure why they don't let you smoke on the roof though.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice place, but expensive. GREAT cocktails though; worth the price if you can afford it. Food was GOOD.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Wanted to return to Rooftop 120 after having cocktails on the open rooftop last year which was very enjoyable. We only had drinks and wanted to come back and try dinner. It was our son's birthday and we wanted something a little upscale and special. When we arrived we were given the choice of eating outside on the rooftop or inside. It was a little chilly so we chose a seat that bordered the rooftop patio. Service was good. We started with the raw bar assorted plate. That was very good. For dinner we ordered the filet - done medium rare just as we asked. I had the Ahi Tuna. It was presented on top of a salad. The tuna was pretty good, but I would recommend some type of sauce for it (wasabi and soy). It was very plain without a sauce. The waitress was nice enough to bring me some soy sauce. The lobster raviolis and the scallops dinners were very good also.

The only comment I would make is that they never served rolls or butter. I look for that when I go to dinner. This would not be a romantic or quiet night out when sitting anywhere near the bar (and we were near the bar). Lots of singles mingling and they were very loud. Overall, good quality food and a great rooftop bar in the warmer weather.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went to rooftop after dinner and I was enjoying my absolute/soda and looked over to the back outside bar and saw the bartender pour a cheap bottle of vodka into an empty bottle of kettle one then place it on the counter. I comforted her and she denied. I then went to a waiter and asked for the manager and she was conveniently unavailable after I told him what I witnessed.

As a vodka drinker - I only drink absolute due to the low carb factor and will not order drinks there again as you don't know what you are really getting in the bottles of alcohol! Very disappointed.

7  Thank CTfoodie2012