“Awesome brunch! Very cool vibe.”

The Spicy Green Bean
Ranked #8 of 95 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our creative menu is sure to excite your palate. We pride ourselves on our seasonally changing menu selections we refer to as “Kooky Konkoctions”, or, of course you can always create your own. We cater all types of occasions from elaborate full service special events, weddings, parties, corporate meetings, private dinner, backyard picnics to simple delivery drop-offs and everything in between.The Spicy Green Bean, more than anything else, is about great taste and quality food. Variety comes in a close second. You'll be able to return again and again and have something great and different, every time.Our bakery selections are baked fresh daily so each day the selections vary - Stop in and see what we have or call in advance to place a special order. Each day we usually have a varied selection of fresh baked cookies, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cakes, and homemade ice creams!!
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Awesome brunch! Very cool vibe. They let you buy alcohol next door and don’t charge you for a corkage fee which is a plus. The waitress even brought us orange juice and flutes to drink our mimosas in. Food was ok. Server was great. Menu is defiantly different then any other place. Fresh and delicious. Very good prince. Will be back.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Love, love the tomato basil soup with grilled cheese croutons! So good! We had sandwiches, a chicken, pesto was a favorite! Food is always delicious and a fun place to meet friends! We also had an eggplant bruschetta that was wonderful! Great spot!

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Not a planned visit, how fortunate that we fell upon this little gem after being detoured due to road construction on Hebron Avenue.

There's limited seating but don't let that detract you from going-great service even though it was hopping!!

Awesome eclectic lunch menu. I noticed that they serve breakfast only during the weekend and lunch only during the week-I had the crispy eggplant sandwich and it was so good....

Reviewed July 9, 2017

We live in town to do come here frequently. There can be a wait because it is small so call ahead. It is also byob but there is a small package store in the same building.
I like them better for breakfast or lunch than dinner but that's just my personal preference. This is only because I am a vegetarian so I have more options for those than for dinner. The food is fresh and I have never had a bad meal here. Keep in mind the menu changes frequently. I have been here for date nights and with friends.
They are definitely small and mom and pop so nothing fancy and although I've never had bad service, if they are full, you may need to wait a bit for your server. I don't mind this but some people do.

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I drive almost an hour to come here for breakfast about once a month. The food is the best area hands down! You will not leave hungry from any meal you have here, they are all huge! The food is so fresh and you can tell it is all hand crafted, nothing is pre made.