“Great brunch”

Ranked #7 of 89 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our creative menu is sure to excite your palate. We pride ourselves on our seasonally changing menu selections we refer to as “Kooky Konkoctions”, or, of course you can always create your own. We cater all types of occasions from elaborate full service special events, weddings, parties, corporate meetings, private dinner, backyard picnics to simple delivery drop-offs and everything in between.The Spicy Green Bean, more than anything else, is about great taste and quality food. Variety comes in a close second. You'll be able to return again and again and have something great and different, every time.Our bakery selections are baked fresh daily so each day the selections vary - Stop in and see what we have or call in advance to place a special order. Each day we usually have a varied selection of fresh baked cookies, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cakes, and homemade ice creams!!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I love going to the Spicy Green Bean. The weekend brunches are amazing! You have to wait but it is well worth it. I love the unique sandwiches. My favorite is the zucchini sandwich. So delish!!

spicygreenbean, Owner at The Spicy Green Bean, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hi Mozdzierz:
Thank you so much for your great review of us! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The bad news: the restaurant is tinyand very noisy. The good news: the food is excellent. The menu isn't very large and apparently changes weekly. Everything is made to order. Portions are quite large and easily shared. We all had tomato soup with grilled cheese croutons (bite size grilled cheese sandwiches) and shrimp. I usually hate tomato soup but this was really good. Pulled duck quesadillas, shrimp egg rolls, pork ribs, a very tasty white fish I had never heard of were all outstanding. The desserts, while mostly made elsewhere, are delicious. BYOB. Ask for the table in the kitchen where it is much quieter and more spacious than the main dining room. Prices are very reasonable. Be careful where you park. At least one neighbor likes to have cars towed.

spicygreenbean, Owner at The Spicy Green Bean, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hi Howie8471! Sounds like you came in for our weekly changing dinner menu! We are glad you enjoyed! Yes our landlord and the Diamond next door like to tow cars, they will not tow anyone as long as we are open though so you should be safe - and the tow drivers usually don't come until 11PM and they will check to make sure we have no customers left. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch....early... Ordered a burger and the funky wrap... Waited 20+ minutes for our food. Burger was edible but not good...clearly not their specialty... But if you don't take pride in all your food don't bother..my husband loved his wrap.. I thought it tasted a bit processed.. Maybe the rice was boxed... Not sure what it was.... I'll give them another try since I do hear a lot of good things about them...

Hi RuaFam: Thanks for coming in with your husband. I am sorry you didn't enjoy the food as much. All of our burgers are fresh angus beef and the rice sides are fresh in house fresh daily as well. I do hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The food is really good, but be prepared to be crammed in there for lunch and get there early if you want a seat. Parking is a chore, but the food is worth it. I used to always frequent the Spicy Green Bean in Wethersfield, but I bet this location is a boom for them for sure. Atleast if your going to pay a little more for your lunch cause your in Glastonbury, atleast the quality of the food is worth it. The service can wane sometimes though from it being to crowded.

Hi KawiKT! Thanks for being such a long time customer of the Bean! We appreciate you coming to Wethersfield and now Glastonbury! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just loved this place, the food is always great and the service too. One of the owners usually comes around to say hi and get your feedback on your meal. Its clean, friendly warm atmosphere is always a pleasant way to spend your time. The food is always fresh and they change the menu from time to time so you don't get bored but will make your favorite meal if its not on the menu anymore. It gets a 10 star from me not a 5. Love the Spicy Green Bean in Glastonbury wish they had one in my town but its worth the travel. :))

spicygreenbean, Owner at The Spicy Green Bean, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hi Priscilla!
Thank you so much for your great review of the Bean! We love to hear you enjoy our place and would love to have you back again and again!