All reviewswinter rooma wonderful staysmall weddingother guestsbreakfast is servedrooms are spacioustop floornext morningpatwaynecomfortkeuriglinensbrideboston
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed at the Connecticut River Valley Inn the night before my wedding, my bridesmaids and I used it the morning of the wedding to get ready, we took some pictures on the grounds, and my husband and I stayed the night of our wedding. We stayed in the Spring Rain suite, which was perfect for getting ready, morning photography, etc. The suite was two rooms on the top floor, connected by a bathroom on one side and hallway on another. It was more than enough space for the 5 of us to get ready, with others coming and going, the photographer using one room for detail photos, etc. The suite and the garden/grounds outside were also beautiful for photos. One bridesmaid commented it would be a great location for an elopement :o) The hosts were welcoming and accommodating, the room was beautifully decorated, clean, and comfortable (super comfy bed, my bridesmaid said the pullout was even pretty comfortable), and the breakfast was tasty and varied. We will definitely return for another stay!

Room Tip: Spring Rain suite was great for morning wedding preparation, as well as if you wanted to have two separate sleeping areas (two beds/rooms - pullout in one room and another bed in the bedroom). No balcony though.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katie P
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were met on arrival by Pat, who was very helpful. This is an old house that has been renovated quite nicely. They have obviously spent a lot of money doing this. The bathroom
had modern conveniences. There are not a lot of rooms here, which we liked. We pretty much had our run of the place. Don't miss the walk by the nearby river. Also, Pat provided a
delicious breakfast. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, which gives access to an outdoor deck.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at this bed and breakfast. It is clean, beautifully decorated, and the hosts named Pat and Wayne make you feel welcome. I first got to know about this inn by checking out their website and my experience was just as advertised on their website. The rooms had charming touches and the grounds and gardens were well manicured. My wife and I relaxed on the balcony right outside our room (the Winter Solstice room) overlooking the gardens. The breakfast was delicious and really hit the spot before our trip home. I don't usually write reviews but it was my pleasure to write one after a very nice stay. We plan on coming back and highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have long admired this Inn on my many walks by. My fiance and I were very pleased to learn that we were able to get married on their picturesque grounds. Both Pat and Wayne were very accommodating and friendly, along with the staff. The house interior is beyond beautiful. The decor is a perfect combination of cozy classic with modern accents. Although we did not stay over night, I'd imagine it would be and excellent experience. The area is also nice and charming. I would highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights to attend a funeral in Glastonbury. Pat and Wayne were so accommodating to us and some other family that needed to stay. The rooms are extremely comfortable, clean and just lovely, as are the rest of the inn and grounds. We often stay here because of family in the area, but this time the circumstances were not the usual reason for staying and it made those circumstances a lot easier to deal with.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family