“Great B&B For Getting Ready for Wedding, Photos, Etc.” 5 of 5 stars

The Connecticut River Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great B&B For Getting Ready for Wedding, Photos, Etc.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed at the Connecticut River Valley Inn the night before my wedding, my bridesmaids and I used it the morning of the wedding to get ready, we took some pictures on the grounds, and my husband and I stayed the night of our wedding. We stayed in the Spring Rain suite, which was perfect for getting ready, morning photography, etc. The suite was two rooms on the top floor, connected by a bathroom on one side and hallway on another. It was more than enough space for the 5 of us to get ready, with others coming and going, the photographer using one room for detail photos, etc. The suite and the garden/grounds outside were also beautiful for photos. One bridesmaid commented it would be a great location for an elopement :o) The hosts were welcoming and accommodating, the room was beautifully decorated, clean, and comfortable (super comfy bed, my bridesmaid said the pullout was even pretty comfortable), and the breakfast was tasty and varied. We will definitely return for another stay!

Room Tip: Spring Rain suite was great for morning wedding preparation, as well as if you wanted to have two se...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Spartanburg, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were met on arrival by Pat, who was very helpful. This is an old house that has been renovated quite nicely. They have obviously spent a lot of money doing this. The bathroom
had modern conveniences. There are not a lot of rooms here, which we liked. We pretty much had our run of the place. Don't miss the walk by the nearby river. Also, Pat provided a
delicious breakfast. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, which gives access to an outdoor deck.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at this bed and breakfast. It is clean, beautifully decorated, and the hosts named Pat and Wayne make you feel welcome. I first got to know about this inn by checking out their website and my experience was just as advertised on their website. The rooms had charming touches and the grounds and gardens were well manicured. My wife and I relaxed on the balcony right outside our room (the Winter Solstice room) overlooking the gardens. The breakfast was delicious and really hit the spot before our trip home. I don't usually write reviews but it was my pleasure to write one after a very nice stay. We plan on coming back and highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cancun
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have long admired this Inn on my many walks by. My fiance and I were very pleased to learn that we were able to get married on their picturesque grounds. Both Pat and Wayne were very accommodating and friendly, along with the staff. The house interior is beyond beautiful. The decor is a perfect combination of cozy classic with modern accents. Although we did not stay over night, I'd imagine it would be and excellent experience. The area is also nice and charming. I would highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Branch, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights to attend a funeral in Glastonbury. Pat and Wayne were so accommodating to us and some other family that needed to stay. The rooms are extremely comfortable, clean and just lovely, as are the rest of the inn and grounds. We often stay here because of family in the area, but this time the circumstances were not the usual reason for staying and it made those circumstances a lot easier to deal with.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My friend got married here recently. The lawn is pretty but unfortunately, that's about the only good thing I can say. Owners were unbelievably rude to the entire wedding party and the guests. They constantly made everyone feel like they were not welcome. Being at this inn is like having to walk on eggshells around the owners...rather than a welcome guest, you're treated like an unwelcome nuisance in their home. Too bad...it's a nice area and a cute spot. But having stayed at dozens of inns and b&bs, I can say that this place has the most shockingly inhospitable management I've ever experienced. Stay elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014
7 Thank Oriana F
Shaker Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We only have good things to say. Charming historic home decorated lovingly by its artist owner ...comfortable room ("Summer")...great shower...fabulous breakfast...lovely grounds with interesting gardens and flowers...accomodating hosts. Enjoyed meeting and chatting with the other guests. Town of Glastonbury has some nice strolling. Try the Daybreak Coffee place down the block. Easy access to major highways. We have family nearby and this beats staying at one of the generic cookie cutter places anyday.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
#1 of 3 in Middletown
4.5 of 5 stars 231 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington

Been to The Connecticut River Valley Inn? Share your experiences!