All reviewswinter rooma wonderful staysmall weddingother guestsbreakfast is servedrooms are spacioustop floornext morningpatwaynecomfortkeuriglinensbrideboston
Reviewed March 31, 2014

CRVI is wonderful. The rooms are decorated with care and love -- each one unique. The furnishings are tasteful and elegant. The hosts could not be warmer and lovelier. You feel as if you are a house guest vs. paying customer. FYI; The breakfast is delicious.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were so pleased with The Connecticut River Inn! Pat and Wayne were so warm and friendly, and the inn was immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. We ususally visit southern Ct. and didn't know much about this part of the state. We were pleasantly surprised by the town of Glastonbury and its many shops, lovely houses and restaurants. Wayne was very helpful when we were trying to decide on a place for dinner, and suggested a scenic route to take for a leisurely walk. Pat is a fantastic hostess, and the breakfast that she prepared was absolutely delicious! My husband and I will definitely be visiting The Connecticut River Inn again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My son and were passing through while visiting local colleges (Trinity and Wesleyan) this week and wanted to stay somewhere outside Hartford. The Connecticut River Valley Inn was a breath of fresh air. Wayne and Pat treated us like family from the moment we walked in the door. We stayed in the River Room (top floor) -- a beautiful 2 room suite. The shower was the best of 5 hotels/Inns I stayed in all week. And breakfast. Wow! The town of Glastonbury was also a nice surprise with plenty of restaurants and even a Whole Foods half a mile away.

Room Tip: we stayed in the River room - has room rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We are always looking to get away from our house in Queens for the weekend when we can .We had a gift card to Bed and Breakfast.com and this place sounded lovely. Although my wife is not crazy about sharing our breakfast with other people, we gave it a shot. The house was really beautiful and the room gorgeous and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. WE sat with 6 other people and they were extremely nice. So if bed and breakfasts are your thing, then this is a great place to go

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
PatriciaB2010, Owner at The Connecticut River Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for the kind response! We are happy you had a positive first time stay at a Bed & Breakfast.
We do wish to make note that you are not required to sit with a group of folks for breakfast if you do not wish to do so. At The Connecticut River Valley Inn (and I would assume at most other B&B's) if you request, we can seat you on our 4 season porch where there is a lovely spot if you wish to dine alone or have a more intimate setting. So, for those of you who have never stayed at a B&B, don't let the breakfast seating keep you away.... just ask for a separate table, we are glad to do it!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My review is a bit late, as we stayed in late October, but I had to write a review about how much we enjoyed our stay here. It was our first time at a bed & breakfast, so my husband and I were a bit nervous but could not have been more pleased. Our main concerns were privacy and noise...but the second we walked into our perfectly comfortable room, we didn't hear another peep from the hallway or downstairs, and could not have felt more private. The bed was soooo comfortable and we loved the fireplace heater. The food was delicious and the hosts went above and beyond. We were there during apple season and as I was enquiring where to get apple pie for dessert after dinner, Wayne just offered that we come back to the Inn after dinner and he would serve us some fresh apple pie he had just bought that day. It was perfect!! One night was not enough for this perfect inn and cute town. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any room!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple