“Good food and nice vibe!”
Review of Bin 228 Gastropub

Bin 228 Gastropub
Ranked #13 of 96 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Description: The bin is a fun gastropub with great craft cocktails, mocktails, wines and over 15 beers on tap. You can find anything from burgers and panini to octopus carpaccio. Happy hour Monday-Friday and all day Sunday
Reviewed June 27, 2016

We just had a relaxing dinner on a Monday night. We decided to try Bin 228 Gastropub for a light dinner. I ordered a Flatbread with chicken, spinach and mushrooms, etc. which was today's special. My husband had a pork dish with rice (Indian) which he really enjoyed. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the wait staff were very efficient. All and all, a very positive experience. Another winner for Glastonbury, sure to be very successful once discovered by the locals.

Reviewed June 1, 2016

I have lived in this town for 27 years. There are a lot of restaurants here and many more have come and gone. The sad thing is that I there have been no restaurants I've liked in a very long time.

So, thank you bin228 for coming to Glastonbury! They turned a dreary coffee shop into an open, modern, fun destination. There is a huge selection of wines and beers artfully displayed at the bar. The waiter suggested a sauvignon blanc that was excellent for a very hot, very late lunch. Henry was charming, attentive, and eager to please.

Indeed, we were so hungry and the menu so interesting that we ate way too much. The shared appetizers are fun. I suggest the corn fritters. The chili was also great. Paninis are nicely crisped. And we had dessert, too. The Nutella mousse was delicious.

I can see where this place is going to get crowded on Friday and Saturday nights.

Reviewed June 1, 2016

First visit: My wife and I visited the Gastropub-Glastonbury at 4 pm (start of happy hour) and sat at the bar with friends (mostly women).

First impression was the rather "industrial look" - exposed ceiling ducts, wide wooden bar and tables, steel chairs (no padding).

The are about 20 beers (on tap), plus at least 50 wines of average to good quality.

The appetizers and flat breads were not the standard comfort type (e.g. Duck Confit Flatbread, Pretzel & Pork Fried Dumplings).

Happy hour prices were about right for the appetizer selections but more substantial items seemed a little high otherwise (e.g. Turkey Burgers $13, Fish and Chips $18).

By the middle of Happy Hour, the bar was filling up, mostly all women - I was one of only 2 men in the bar at the time.

It's very hard to rate this place for me - I do a good deal of creative cooking and didn't particularly find the appetizers worth ordering again. Overall, it just didn't work for me but in all fairness, it was only one visit and the women with me liked it a lot.

1  Thank William S
Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

I work in Glastonbury and had visited the musturd seed, watched it close and be transformed into Bin228, my husband and I stopped by the other day to see what they had on tap, we ended up having an appetizer, and shared a sandwich, it was all good, great atmosphere as well. We will be back

Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

Tried the new location on a Saturday night. Overall the experience was good but not great. I had short ribs that again were good not great. We will try it again in a couple weeks to see if the bugs are worked out.