“Not great-way to pricey”
Review of Max Fish

Max Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When you're in the mood for good service and great seafood be sure to check out Max Fish, the newest of the Max Restaurant Groups fine dining establishments. True to the Max Restaurant Groups mission statement, this restaurant embodies an uncompromising commitment to quality service, style and superb cuisine that made the Max Group famous. The menu at Max Fish features a wide array of the finest seafood and raw bar items, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. The Shark Bar at Max Fish also offers a lighter variety of seafood and Max classics in an exciting and up tempo environment. Max Fish is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop by soon to see our beautiful new restaurant!
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Was very excited to go for my bday dinner. The food was decent not fantastic. My husband ordered a mixed drink that had so little booze in it he felt like he had just bought a eight dollar glass of soda. The overall price was so high we left feeling like we had been really ripped of. For close to 200 bucks we could have had something wonderful somewhere else. Never again.

There are newer reviews for Max Fish

Reviewed December 14, 2010

I eat there weekly. The food and the service are both outstanding. I have never had a bad experience there. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

We had a lunch today at Max Fish. The mussels were delicious and my friend had the Greek salad with shrimp and it was very good and large too. The breads were hot out of the oven. I had to pour my own water and then request more and our bottled beer was served without glasses. We asked for them but they never came. I got some from the service table. I never received a washcloth or wet one for my hands until we asked for it with the tip. We ate on the covered terrace and it was very pleasant. If you go, ask for Meghan. she was the waitress we did not have and she looked like she was really on top of her tables. Amanda is the one to avoid. Much too slow and inattentive.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

Food was very good. Waiter was very honest with his suggestions. Fish was cooked perfect. Clam chowder was very good.
Only complaint is the Atmosphere. It was loud very difficult to have a discussion. The chairs are very small and uncomfortable. I would recommend that you try.

Reviewed April 17, 2010

We ate so many bread sticks, I'm surprised we had room for dinner!! But when my swordfish came, it was so amazing I ate every bite!! The chef is to be commended for taking a good piece of fish and adding creativity to it -- the fresh mango, etc gave my entree a whole new flavor, it was that amazing. The atmosphere was chic and comfortable, like the coolest NYC establishment and the service was friendly, professional and efficient. I also have to mention the WILD selection of martinis -- VERY creative! We each enjoyed two martinis before ordering a wonderful Chardonnay with dinner. Overall -- a first rate evening!!