“Love Max fish!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Max Fish

Max Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When you're in the mood for good service and great seafood be sure to check out Max Fish, the newest of the Max Restaurant Groups fine dining establishments. True to the Max Restaurant Groups mission statement, this restaurant embodies an uncompromising commitment to quality service, style and superb cuisine that made the Max Group famous. The menu at Max Fish features a wide array of the finest seafood and raw bar items, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. The Shark Bar at Max Fish also offers a lighter variety of seafood and Max classics in an exciting and up tempo environment. Max Fish is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop by soon to see our beautiful new restaurant!
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Love Max fish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

I eat there weekly. The food and the service are both outstanding. I have never had a bad experience there. I highly recommend it.

North Haven, CT
“Good food, poor waitress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

We had a lunch today at Max Fish. The mussels were delicious and my friend had the Greek salad with shrimp and it was very good and large too. The breads were hot out of the oven. I had to pour my own water and then request more and our bottled beer was served without glasses. We asked for them but they never came. I got some from the service table. I never received a washcloth or wet one for my hands until we asked for it with the tip. We ate on the covered terrace and it was very pleasant. If you go, ask for Meghan. she was the waitress we did not have and she looked like she was really on top of her tables. Amanda is the one to avoid. Much too slow and inattentive.

Florida
“Food was very good. Waiter was very...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

Food was very good. Waiter was very honest with his suggestions. Fish was cooked perfect. Clam chowder was very good.
Only complaint is the Atmosphere. It was loud very difficult to have a discussion. The chairs are very small and uncomfortable. I would recommend that you try.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious and Innovative - but don't forget to have a martini!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

We ate so many bread sticks, I'm surprised we had room for dinner!! But when my swordfish came, it was so amazing I ate every bite!! The chef is to be commended for taking a good piece of fish and adding creativity to it -- the fresh mango, etc gave my entree a whole new flavor, it was that amazing. The atmosphere was chic and comfortable, like the coolest NYC establishment and the service was friendly, professional and efficient. I also have to mention the WILD selection of martinis -- VERY creative! We each enjoyed two martinis before ordering a wonderful Chardonnay with dinner. Overall -- a first rate evening!!

Glastonbury
“Not Impressed for what they charge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

I went to Max Fish on a Friday during luch with a friend. We were seated at a small table for two where you felt as though you were part of the other table's conversation, which we did engage once or twice and vice versa. I ordered the lobster roll and did not find it tempting enough to order again. The service was so slow we were late getting back to work. One good thing was the personality of the waitress, she was very nice.

I just called to make a reservation for a business luncheon for another person and they hung up on me!

• 1 of 5 bubbles