“Always good”
Review of Max Fish

Max Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When you're in the mood for good service and great seafood be sure to check out Max Fish, the newest of the Max Restaurant Groups fine dining establishments. True to the Max Restaurant Groups mission statement, this restaurant embodies an uncompromising commitment to quality service, style and superb cuisine that made the Max Group famous. The menu at Max Fish features a wide array of the finest seafood and raw bar items, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. The Shark Bar at Max Fish also offers a lighter variety of seafood and Max classics in an exciting and up tempo environment. Max Fish is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop by soon to see our beautiful new restaurant!
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I get my parents a gift card every year for their anniversary. The wait staff is fabulous and they fall all over you. If there is any issue they go above and beyond to make it right. (Side note I have a friend who works here.) The crab cakes are amazing and they have great/reasonable late night bar deals. This is probably the best restaurant in Gbury and non-seafood lovers can find something here as well. Great place for an fancy occasion or celebration.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This wonderful seafood restaurant is tucked into a shopping plaza in Glastonbury. Our reservation was booked on line using Open Table. The bar is the greatest...excellent drinks... engaging bar staff. Especially, Megan our server, and Patrick our bartender... Great hot lobster rolls here...Always consistently good!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

On our way to a UCONN game on a Friday night, so dressed dressy casual, not "classy" casual enough, I guess... No reservations, as it was a last minute decision to stop here, to get out of the highway traffic crunch, at 5 p.m. (still early for dinner crunch I would think), and Max Fish had good food reviews.. When we asked for a table for two, felt like we were more than "encouraged" by some gentleman to sit outside, even though there were plenty of inside seating. Nice evening, only ones outside but for the fruit flies, or gnats, that were annoying and the huge black spider on the condiments on our table. So.. lesson learned.. make reservations and put your classy casuals on, or be stuck in the Outback. Food was good and our waitress sweet and attentive, as opposed to the Front people.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

First time for me dining here, have been to other Max restaurants and this one didn't disappoint. I loved the look inside of the old crazed subway tile in a black and white theme. Very antique looking but meticulously clean. We were greeted by very friendly staff. The place was bustling with lots of vibe. Nice looking lobster tank on the right near the check in desk. The clam chowder with bacon was excellent. I had the strip steak with roasted cauliflower and a potato and onion pave. The steak was cooked perfect, the potato and onion pave with bacon was addicting. The it staff was spot on and met our every need, very professional and very friendly. I had the pumpkin cheesecake for dessert and it was delicious. My partner had the pan roasted lobster and enjoyed it very much. I would definitely go back here.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

On our way to southern CT from Litchfield we decided to try a restaurant that we have always said we would try. We have been to several of the Max group restaurants and always have top notch food experiences with great service. Made a reservation on opentable.com and we arrived on time at 12:30. We were not greated upon arrival, I would say that the hostess was MIA, at which point I decided to powder my nose. However we did see quite a wonderful Bloody Mary Bar which was super stocked with almost every garnish you could imagine, 3 different rimmers, 3 different vodka flavors and you can even have a raw oyster, cocktail shrimp or little neck clam in your Bloody mary. I decided to go for the all you can drink @ $11.95. We did receive crossword puzzles which were fun. Our server was very nice and explained the specials and some of the other items on the menu. We also got a morning smoothie made with raspberries and banana which was a nice touch. Some tiny breads came to our table that were rolled in cinnamon and sugar. We ordered the shrimp and grits to share, which took 35 minutes to come to the table, not really sure why it took so long. The shrimp and grits dish was brought to us already split which was nicely done. The flavors were excellent. We then each ordered our own Eggs Benedict. I ordered the crab cake one, it was only fair and the reason is that the food for both of us was just luke warm, the eggs were not runny, they were more like just firm but it makes me think they were kept in a warm bath or something. The hash was good but I keep going back to the food was just not hot enough. Overly we had a good experience but they need to step up there game a little bit. I would try it again.