“Overall a good brunch, but a couple mishaps.”
Review of Max Fish

Max Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When you're in the mood for good service and great seafood be sure to check out Max Fish, the newest of the Max Restaurant Groups fine dining establishments. True to the Max Restaurant Groups mission statement, this restaurant embodies an uncompromising commitment to quality service, style and superb cuisine that made the Max Group famous. The menu at Max Fish features a wide array of the finest seafood and raw bar items, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. The Shark Bar at Max Fish also offers a lighter variety of seafood and Max classics in an exciting and up tempo environment. Max Fish is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop by soon to see our beautiful new restaurant!
Reviewed October 11, 2013

On our way to southern CT from Litchfield we decided to try a restaurant that we have always said we would try. We have been to several of the Max group restaurants and always have top notch food experiences with great service. Made a reservation on opentable.com and we arrived on time at 12:30. We were not greated upon arrival, I would say that the hostess was MIA, at which point I decided to powder my nose. However we did see quite a wonderful Bloody Mary Bar which was super stocked with almost every garnish you could imagine, 3 different rimmers, 3 different vodka flavors and you can even have a raw oyster, cocktail shrimp or little neck clam in your Bloody mary. I decided to go for the all you can drink @ $11.95. We did receive crossword puzzles which were fun. Our server was very nice and explained the specials and some of the other items on the menu. We also got a morning smoothie made with raspberries and banana which was a nice touch. Some tiny breads came to our table that were rolled in cinnamon and sugar. We ordered the shrimp and grits to share, which took 35 minutes to come to the table, not really sure why it took so long. The shrimp and grits dish was brought to us already split which was nicely done. The flavors were excellent. We then each ordered our own Eggs Benedict. I ordered the crab cake one, it was only fair and the reason is that the food for both of us was just luke warm, the eggs were not runny, they were more like just firm but it makes me think they were kept in a warm bath or something. The hash was good but I keep going back to the food was just not hot enough. Overly we had a good experience but they need to step up there game a little bit. I would try it again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Interesting mix of seating, comfortable for business/casual lunch. Prompt and congenial servers. Slightly eclectic offerings; fabulously fresh everything! Cold lobster roll not to be missed.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Recently visited this venue which was participating in a Taste of the Suburbs genre event, and we were not disappointed. An actual steal at $20.13 a person for a three course prix fixe selection.
Varied items on the menu, and very generous servings, not your typical small portioned "Taste of" whatever type of event. Delicious Corn & Shrimp Chowder, Salad, wonderful bread, and Chicken and Flounder dishes were our entree offerings. Nice selection of wines at the aforementioned price also, and we enjoyed a delicate Pinot Grigio offering from Italy. Very busy scene, upscale, friendly, enjoying crowd. Excellent Service, and was even sought out by restaurant management to check in on things... always a nice touch.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We just had a great lunch at Max Fish in Glastonbury. Great atmosphere -- bustling yet tables/booths are quiet and comfortable. Inside is very old world urban. Outside is a little off-puttiing as it's in a mall but don't let that dissuade you from trying it.

They had an (unadvertised) 3 course special for CT Farm to Table 2013 which was a real bargain at $20.13. I had the tomato,nectarine, goat cheese salad -- wonderful-- and my friends enjoyed the lobster corn chowder. We all had the CT flounder with fingerling potatoes and local vegetables -- also great. We didn't really want dessert but since it came with it we ordered it and the cocunut custard pie was fabulous as was the ice cream and native peaches.

I forgot to mention the drinks -- cranberry lemon martini and blueberry sour -- delightful. I hesitated ordering the martini becasue I thought it might be too sweet but it was tart and delicious -- and I think it was only $8.

Wonderful afternoon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Drinks were delicious--clean and citrusy--and were a nice complement to the appetizers. Raw bar selections were fresh and yummy. Delicious sourdough and flat bread with sweet CT dairy-fresh butter. The food was not complexly prepared but did not disappoint. Preparation and plating emphasized the freshness of all ingredients. Skate was served simply and elegantly over greens. Lobster Cobb Salad was relatively more rich but still emphasized freshness rather than butteriness. Key Lime Tart, like the cocktails that started our meal, was citrusy and clean and delicious