“wow”
Review of Max Fish

Max Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When you're in the mood for good service and great seafood be sure to check out Max Fish, the newest of the Max Restaurant Groups fine dining establishments. True to the Max Restaurant Groups mission statement, this restaurant embodies an uncompromising commitment to quality service, style and superb cuisine that made the Max Group famous. The menu at Max Fish features a wide array of the finest seafood and raw bar items, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. The Shark Bar at Max Fish also offers a lighter variety of seafood and Max classics in an exciting and up tempo environment. Max Fish is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop by soon to see our beautiful new restaurant!
Northfield, Illinois
“wow”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Drinks were delicious--clean and citrusy--and were a nice complement to the appetizers. Raw bar selections were fresh and yummy. Delicious sourdough and flat bread with sweet CT dairy-fresh butter. The food was not complexly prepared but did not disappoint. Preparation and plating emphasized the freshness of all ingredients. Skate was served simply and elegantly over greens. Lobster Cobb Salad was relatively more rich but still emphasized freshness rather than butteriness. Key Lime Tart, like the cocktails that started our meal, was citrusy and clean and delicious

Visited August 2013

Key Largo, Florida
“Nice to see Max Fish is still great after last visit over a year ago”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Used to live in Glastonbury but now live in Florida, but I return to NE frequently and enjoy visiting Max Fish when I can. My visit earlier this month did not disappoint. Wonderful fresh oysters followed by clam chowder and perfectly cooked tuna for the entre. And, ther was no grumbling when I asked for it to be cooked slightly more than most restaurants like to prepare it.

Cromwell, Connecticut
“Max Fish Overated”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I dined at Max Fish with my wife, daughter and her friend. I had a Caesar Salad which had a funky smell and taste. I also had jumbo shrimp cocktail which were jumbo but were also very soggy and contained a lot of veins. My wife had the Linquini with clams which were not fresh and had a bad taste.The only thing to be passable was the fish dinner and clam cake that the kids ate.

Max Fish is overpriced and overrated. Although it is expensive, try Ruth Chris. At least it's worth it.

Meriden, CT
“A Max Restaurant is always good”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our first experience at Max Fish last night. My wife and I brought two friends to dinner simply to spend some time together. Although we have eaten at several of the restaurants in the Max group, we had never been to Max Fish before. When we first arrived at 6:30 we were bombarded by the noise! A very active bar scene for happy hour. The place settled down soon and we were quite comfortable at our booth. The restaurant is decorated nicely in subway tile and has an early 20th century urban look to it.

The food was very nice. The calamari appetizer was spicy enough to be interesting without being overpowering and it was prepared very nicely. Our friends both ordered the scallops and were very pleased. My wife had the cod and I had a sockeye salmon--one of the specials--both were terrific.

Steph, our waitress was the only negative to the restaurant. She never smiled and she was marginally competent. I ordered my scotch neat, for example, and then she asked me if I wanted it on the rocks. I repeated "neat" and she brought it with ice. I always believe that a good waiter can make or break a meal. She did not break it, but she added nothing to our experience. We will certainly go back to Max Fish and hopefully not be seeing Steph again.

• Visited August 2013
“Max Fish- Max Delicious! Max Great Service!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Max Fish numerous times and each time we go, the service and the food are top notch. Let's start with the staff... They are all not only familiar with every dish on the menu but apparently schooled in the right wines to accompany a particular dish as well! The menu changes seasonally in order to bring the diner the freshest of fresh vegetables. I had the baked Lobster stuffed with shrimp and crab meat stuffing that was simply to die for! The flavours, the melted butter and the aroma make you not want to leave- ever! The creamy mashed potatoes and broiled asparagus were delightful. I'll admit I tend to eat the same things often so as far as desert is concerned it's always the Hot Fudge to the Max. This amazing combination of hot fudge, vanilla ice cream whipped cream and caramelized bananas. In addition to that because it was my birthday, just the mention of Tiramisu brought a surprise Tiramisu from their sister restaurant next door- Max Amore. For a special occasion or just because to deserve it... Go to Max Fish! You will love it. Well worth the drive from anywhere. We drive 45 minutes to get there and do it with regularity!

Visited August 2013