“Awesome seafood-”
Review of Max Fish

Max Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When you're in the mood for good service and great seafood be sure to check out Max Fish, the newest of the Max Restaurant Groups fine dining establishments. True to the Max Restaurant Groups mission statement, this restaurant embodies an uncompromising commitment to quality service, style and superb cuisine that made the Max Group famous. The menu at Max Fish features a wide array of the finest seafood and raw bar items, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. The Shark Bar at Max Fish also offers a lighter variety of seafood and Max classics in an exciting and up tempo environment. Max Fish is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop by soon to see our beautiful new restaurant!
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My husband and I went to Max fish for the first time and we were
wonderfully surprised at how delicious everything was. We both tried the raw bar platter which was amazing!!! We also tried the two different scallop dinners and they were absolutely delicious!!! We ate out in the outside room, it was a
beautiful night. The service was impeccable!!!! It was a little pricey but totally worth it!

Reviewed June 27, 2011

The only part of the evening that was even remotely worth while was our server and the drinks.
The food was badly prepared and, at it's best, mundane. Two other nearby tables sent back food as well. When I see prices in the high 20's for entrees, I expect well prepared and innovative.
I will not eat here again.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

It is shad season in the northeast and what better way to enjoy it than at an outstanding fish restaurant. Shad runs upstream on the Connecticut River to spawn and so our dinner was caught nearly next door. Unfortunately tonight might be the last of the season. It was paired with grilled fiddleheads and polanta in a presentation that was worthy of being photographed. The fish and accompanying roe was nicely grilled with the fish nestled on top of the fiddleheads and the roe sculpted and standing upright in the polanta. The fish had a full bodied taste, but wasn't "fishy" as many dark flesed fish can be.

When seated you are brought a small plate of cucumber in a light marinade, dotted with red caviar. For raw bar lovers there is an excellent choice of oysters; this evening they had 3 from Connecticut and 3 from other locales.

The Max chain has always met or exceeded my expectations and tonight was no exception.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

Was very excited to go for my bday dinner. The food was decent not fantastic. My husband ordered a mixed drink that had so little booze in it he felt like he had just bought a eight dollar glass of soda. The overall price was so high we left feeling like we had been really ripped of. For close to 200 bucks we could have had something wonderful somewhere else. Never again.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

I eat there weekly. The food and the service are both outstanding. I have never had a bad experience there. I highly recommend it.