“Awesome Place in the middle of Nowhere!”

Andy's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 74 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Andy's was a pleasant surprise while visiting U Conn Med School. We inquired at a gas station and the guy there recommended them. It's a small, intimate restaurant in a strip mall but the food was exceptional. Service was good - I did have to ask for the rustic bread that went with my meal - but the food was delicious. I had the penne with red sauce and a meatball. The owner was obviously very fond of his patrons that he knew as he stopped at most tables and chatted with diners. Price was right, food was hot and served quickly. I cannot say we will ever be back in Farmington, but if we do ever get there, we will be sure to eat at Andy's!

1  Thank Judy W

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Hidden away in a small plaza off of Route 4, Andy's is well worth a trip. Delicious crusty bread, and the balsamic dressing are made in house and are among the best I have ever enjoyed. Penne with sausage and eggplant rollatini were excellent, and portions were generous. We were able to enjoy them again, for lunch the next day. Two entrees and a draft beer were around $32. We have paid much more for less enjoyable meals.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Today, for lunch, I went to Andy's where I had what I always have when I'm at a new Italian place for the first time - Lasagna. You can learn a lot about an Italian Restaurant that way. It was served hot, but it was still firm. It tasted really quite good. They have a good menu, the kitchen is good, the service is fast and the atmosphere is good too. There phone is always ringing - a ringing endorsement for their take-out. They have a full Italian Menu plus grinders and pizza. This is a great place for a business lunch and supper to. The only drawback is that it is a bit hidden in an industrial park. Regards, OldeBear

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Not to impress at all. Food especially meats and appettizers were very low quality. Expected a little bit better than olive garden.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just ordered my luch and it is delicious. This is going to be my new Italian hangout. It is a cozy and nice environment.