I was a frequent guest at the Homewood Suites in Farmington up until March of 2012. I had refrained from posting a review on this hotel for some time because I liked the people who worked there, but I have always felt that, if I were a traveler looking into this hotel, I would like to know about the challenges you may face.
1st and foremost, before I get into the story, the walls are horribly thin in this hotel. During one of my stays, I had to sleep on the pullout couch in the living room because the guest in the next room was snoring so loud, it sounded like he was laying in the bed with me! But that didn't deter me from continuing to stay there.
My final stay at the Homewood Suites was for 3 nights in March.
I woke up on Tuesday morning with bites all over my arms and back.
I looked at the mattress and the box spring and didn't see any evidence of bugs. So I did not mention it to management.
Then, when I returned back to the hotel on Tuesday evening, my room was not made up. I contacted the front desk and she informed me that it is not typical for this to happen and she brought me some towels, which I appreciated. (no more issues with bites). (I was out of my room by 9am that morning, an acceptable time to allow for the room to be tended to)
Then, on Wednesday, I returned again after work and found a bag hanging on my door handle filled with towels, and again my room was not made up. I took the towels out of the bag and they smelled so strong of smoke, I couldn't even keep them in the room. It was gross! (no issues with bites again). (also, again I was out of my room by 9am that morning)
Then on Thursday, when I returned after work, I sat on the couch and it was full of dog hair and white crusty stains (which I am assuming was dog slobber).
I got off the couch and discovered 5 new bites on my arms. I realized, Monday night I had also spent some time in the living room area. The room, however was finally made up on Thursday.
Friday morning, I got up to shower, and when I got out, the same smelly towels that I left outside the room were now on my shelf in the bathroom (they possibly could have been new towels and not the ones in the hallway, but either way, they still stunk strong of smoke).
II had brought it to the attention of the general manager via email and she was quite attentive, and I respected that about her.
Like I had mentioned, the staff was very accommodating during all of my visits to the hotel. But that's about all this place has going for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford-Farmington is your home away from home. Our property in Farmington, CT is in close proximity to the nightlife, shopping and retaurants of downtown Hartford. Hartford is just 8 miles from our Homewood. Enjoy comfortable suites that are spacious and provide many amenities of home. Enjoy a hot full breakfast with us each morning, and evening dinner and drinks (Monday through Thursday). We offer many great amenities for your stay so book now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington Hotel Farmington
- Homewood Suites Farmington
- Homewood Farmington
- Farmington Homewood Suites