“Best Hotel in Farmington!!”

Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I stood at this hotel for one night and WISHED we had booked it for longer!!! The hotel was amazing! The room we had (King Suite) was huge, clean and very, very affordable. I will DEFINITELY DEFINITELY DEFINITELY stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a suite. It includes a full kitchen, living room with double-doors that lead into the be...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lalocaliz
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had my md phd interview at the uconn health center in farmington and the program provided us applicants with housing in this hotel. My experience here couldn't have been any better. The rooms were very spacious and clean. the hotel also made sure our driver was on time to take us to and from the uconn health center. Rooms even had a kitchen which was not necessary but also adds to the great package of hospitality that they had to offer. Staff was nice and always willing to help make our stay here relaxing.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank touristguy2005
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night as part of a business trip. The room was spacious and comfortable but there was hair in the tub and old food in the fridge. Also at breakfast I was told they were out of butter. The main feature was waffles and French toast so this was a big oversight on the part of whomever manages the inventory.

• Stayed: August 2012
Drew A, General Manager at Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

BerkshireBaylin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback, good and bad, are instrumental in improving our processes. I am sorry for the things that you experienced in your room. Those two things should never be found in a room that is set for arrival. I am a new General Manager to this property (08/01/12) and we are working hard to correct such issues. I hope your travels find you in our area again and you choose to stay with us in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Warm Regards,

Drew Allison

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 2 separate weeks within an 8 week period. The first week was less than impressive with several housekeeping no shows. The second week I notified the front desk that I had not been receiving my newspaper and was told they would rectify the situation, but that never happened.

But the real problem of my visit was mid-week when I returned to my room after a day out and found one of our suitcases propping the door wide open. I waited until there were other people in the hallway for safety and went inside to make sure there wasn't an intruder inside and immediately called down to the front desk requesting the manager come up NOW. The Assistant Manager came up and I showed her how the room had been left by housekeeping. She then called housekeeping and then asked me if anything was missing. Because I had NINE suitcases as I was preparing to travel from the States back to my home in Japan, I explained that I had done a quick search for valuables, but could not be certain until I unpacked everything. I was told the Manager would be notified and would contact me.

By the next day I had not heard from the Manager and stopped by the front desk to ask about it and was told he would not as that was not their protocol. I explained I was rather disappointed about that and then asked if an Incident Report had been filed (thinking in case I found something missing I wanted a record); it had not. The AM agreed to file one. She then called up to my room a short time later asking me questions about the details of it from the day before, clearly indicating that she had taken no notes or records about it. The following day I asked for a copy of the Report and was told guests may not have them as they do not share how employees are disciplined. I let the AM know that my issue was not looking to have anyone fired, but the following: I was upset about the safety element; the potential for theft; and that I'd never had contact or an apology from the Manager (let alone any sort of compensation or complimentary cocktail offered).

NOTHING was said to me in return but a shrug of the shoulders and she basically turned and walked into her office. Upon check out, this continued. Again, no apology or acknowledgement of how terrible the service was. And again, no change to the bill.

The week after I returned, I received a Customer Service Satisfaction Survey from Hilton, filled it out completely, detailing all of the above and STILL have heard nothing from Hilton Homewood Suites.

We need to do this trip 1-2 times per year. Needless to say, we will NOT be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank FeltSoCute
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This property is in a nice secluded area of Farmington Ave. The suite we stayed in room 344 was a nice corner suite 2 bedroom. The suite had 2 bathrooms and 3 flatscreen televisions. The bed was very comfortable, but the only draw back for the rooms is that the walls are too thin, if anyone watches tv in the adjoining room you could hear it pretty clearly. I just think that the construction material used to make the hotel is cheap. Otherwise it is a nice property. The breakfast was ok, not too many selections but it is free so no complaints that way. You have to drive for a bit if you want to eat outside of the hotel. The pool was nice and a good size. The grounds are very well kept and very peaceful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

After flying into town, my husband, 3-year-old son, and I arrived at the hotel at 4 p.m., and were told that our pre-paid 2-BR suite was not ready. Check-in is at 3 p.m. - apparently our room was "too big" and they were "sold out" the previous night, which impaired their ability to have it ready in time, according to Vanessa at the front desk. (Perhaps that also impaired their ability to honor my parents reservation - since they screwed that up, too - but I digress ... ) We were told it would be ready in 15-20 minutes, so we ran a quick errand and came back 30 minutes later. After we pulled in the second time, Vanessa handed me the keys and said "room's ready!" so we parked the car and unloaded all our luggage. Upon arriving at the room, we were greeted by a cleaning cart and a lone housekeeping member who said "Why did she send you up here? I'm not ready - the other girls abandonded me in here." So, we made the best of it, the guy continued cleaning AROUND us - since we basically refused to lug out lugged down to the car again - and left the suite about an hour later. I called my pal Vanessa and gave her an earful - she offered to give us a free night. Still waiting for that credit to hit my account. They'll be hearing from me about that, too!

Of the other three days we were there, they were able to clean our room only twice. Also, it was weird that the housekeeping staff seemed to be hanging out in two rooms on the second floor (I believe one was 243 and the other was around the corner). You'll see the door propped open, hear the TV on, and loud conversations if you walk by - believe me. It's weird - are these rooms reserved for their breaks? If so, why do they seem to constantly be "on break" and not able to finish cleaning rooms until well into the evening? Very strange situation. I was not expecting to reserver the highest-price suite in the hotel only to be woken by loud staff conversations in the neighboring room starting at 7 a.m. every morning.

The free food is nice. But that's standard for Homewood.

Room Tip: Don't reserve near the "staff" rooms around the 240-ish area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kscala
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have stayed at over 50 different Hilton Hotels, and have to say that the worst Hilton hotel that I have ever encountered is the Homewood Suites at 2 Farm Glen Blvd., Farmington, CT. The staff are probably the most clueless group that I have ever seen. The rooms are absolutely filthy. After a two hour+ wait for a room (that had been paid for in advance) the room had one towel for four people, the sheets had not been changed from the previous guests and absolutely reeked. If that wasn't wasn't bad enough, the sofabed was covered in a layer of potato chips, stains, and unidentified debris (needly folded back into the couch). The room stuck from cigarette smoke (in a supposedly smoke free room), and the floors, dishes, and bathroom had not been cleaned. The room was a health hazard. Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure that you have your own bedding and towels. Disgusting hotel........!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank TiaMei
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Avon Old Farms Hotel

Been to Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington? Share your experiences!