“Great service, excellent value”

Hartford Marriott Farmington
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Farmington
Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts
“Great service, excellent value”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just had an overnight where I needed to plan a dinner for 40 people, both adults and children. I began working with Dan P. who put together an excellent menu at a good price for all of us to enjoy. He was so friendly and easy to work with. It seemed he was interested in making the event a hit rather than "getting it done". When we got to the dinner, we were greeted by Anna, Jessica, Roslyn and Ervis....all of whom couldn't have been nicer or more efficient. They checked with me on the food and ensured great customer service. Everyone in our group was so impressed with how well done the whole dinner was. As a family, we travel often and after this great visit we were reminded why we like to stay with Marriott. I would also like to mention that our group enjoyed a fun night in the bar after dinner and a great buffet breakfast. I didn't get the name of the young man making the omelets/waffles, but i must say he was awesome. My daughter wanted chocolate chips in her waffles so he got them, then heated them up to put them on the waffles. He was just fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel and think the staff was top notch.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I am a business traveler and spend quite a bit of time on the road. I enjoyed several meals at the hotel and had the fortune of meeting Patrick who works in the restaurant. His service was outstanding and he was an even better person. It is because of employees like Patrick that I am a loyal Marriott customer. I highly recommend the Marriott Farmington. Go meet Patrick!

1 Thank Brett N
Dan P, Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Brett,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!
We certainly appreciate your business and your comments regarding Patrick, our bartender.
He is passionate regarding his service and we are so lucky to have him on our Team.
The next time your travels bring you to the Ct. area and your staying with us, I would look forward to meeting you.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Beds were super comfy. Food was great (I am an extremely picky eater.) The service both in the restaurants and staff of the hotel was excellent. Kind, helpful and friendly. My husband and I ate several times in the main dining area and each time we had the best waiter, Patrick. If you can, request him. Patrick goes out of his way to help you, he is super nice and friendly and above all, just a really nice guy! I enjoyed my stay here! :) Erika

Dear Ms. Erika N.,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Marriott Farmington, Ct.
We appreciate your comments regarding the facility and most of all about Patrick.
He cares about each and everyone of our guests and will always go the "extra mile" to deliver exceptional service.
Your comments go along way and I will be to share this with him.
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Marriott in Farmington was a wonderful place for a recent work event. My company recently hosted a trivia night. The Proprietor's Lounge was the perfect location for everyone to enjoy good food / drinks / atmosphere. The staff was really top-notch. I hope to have future company events at this great location.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tim,
Thank you for your comments regarding your positive experience in our Lounge during your most recent Trivia Night. On behalf of our entire culinary and service staff, I would like to share how much our team appreciates your business and enjoyed serving your group.
We look forward to your next Trivia Night!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Even though there has been some tinkering with the concierge lounge lately (and i dont mean in a good way), this is still one of my favorite Marriott properties. The staff is great, the always recognize you....its obvious they like what they do. The amenites are nice, two nice pools, resturant, great outdoor walking trail.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Orlando Fl
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Good Price, Good Location, Good Service, Clean and comfortable. Stayed here several times and always consistent. The bedding is great. Very convenient to rt 84 about 1 min off the highway. The staff went out of their way to make me feel special as a Marriott platinum level member.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Palm Harbor
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Farmington last weekend. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous. Rooms were above average but the Restaurant for dinner was simply outstanding! Kathleen, our waitress was always attentive without being annoying and friendly. The Executive Chef, Anthony Johnson, was charming and took the time to come to our table and ask about the food and service. We had 5 steak dinners and they rivaled the best steakhouses we have ever been to dine at. They were accommodating in letting us go off menu with our vegetable choice and the resulting asparagus was fresh and perfectly done. I believe the assistant chefs who Chef Johnson said prepared our dinners were Jeremy and Carmen, but I do not remember exactly. Chef Johnson would know though and they should be given high praise for preparing an outstanding dining experience for all. We ill definitely go back again when in the area. The hotel just underwent and $8 1/2 Million Dollar renovation and while a few areas still need updating, the overall experience and service are great and much improved from years past. We have been going there for the last 15 years and this was by far the best experience there..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#3 of 7 in Farmington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut

Been to Hartford Marriott Farmington? Share your experiences!