“Average Marriott”

Hartford Marriott Farmington
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel is ok, not good, not bad, just your average Marriott. It's located in an office park, so you definitely need a car. I was here with a large party -- many of the others complained that the rooms were hot even with the heat off. I think they were on the side that gets sun during the day. Also, it was arranged for our party to have free internet. This was not mentioned upon check-in and I only found out by chance. Several had paid for the service, and while it was taken off their bill, it would have been nice for this to have been pointed out while checking in.

The bar was nice and the bartender was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for staying with us and providing both constructive and positive comments regarding our hotel. I am sorry that we failed in providing you with a comfortable and relaxing stay on your last visit. I will discuss your challenges with both my Front Office Manager and Chief Engineer so we can learn from this experience. Should your travels bring you back to the Farmington area please make your reservation through myself so I personalize your stay. Once again, thank you for business and your comments.

Warm Regards,

Dino DiMattia

There are newer reviews for Hartford Marriott Farmington

Reviewed March 29, 2014

After several sub-par experiences with hotels in the Hartford area, we struck gold! The Marriott Farmington is conveniently located, comfortable, clean and the staff are incredible courteous. It is located in a peaceful setting and provides the right ambience for a relaxing getaway or even a quick business trip. There is a Starbucks right in the lobby as well as other restaurant options. Nothing it too much for the staff, even proving an umbrella for unexpected rain! Great outdoor pool and exercise room. This is the place you want to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Searching for the right place to stay in unfamilliar terrotory is stressful and sometimes you just want the short answer. I'm providing that for you. If you're travelling to the Hartford area, stay here. My company hosts our annual event here every year and if you want a clean place with genuinely friendly and professional staff who understands service, this is it. Ask for Dino, Noreen, Mohamed or Mike. They will take care of you. The staff made me feel like they were happy I was there. I also like how it's very close to Hartford, but not IN the city itself. It just feels safer to drive to this hotel along the winding road through a nice business park surrounded by trees and not have to park your car downtown. Their newly remodeled Bar is a pleasent one in which to relax. Half of it feels classy, the other feels like a well furnished living room. We'll be here next year for sure.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We use this hotel as a stopping over point on our way to and from New England area. This usually puts us into the hotel over a weekend when social (weddings, etc) events are hosted in the large conference rooms. The staff is wonderful and always places us in a room away from the "party" crowd. This time we noticed the coffee bar, bar, and fireplace area had been renovated. Liked it very much - open and new furniture is brighter and much easier to use (not the overstuffed dark chairs of the past). My likes this hotel so much she calls it, "our home away from home".

Room Tip: We find the full breakfast too much for us so use the coffee bar along with bagel much quicker and e...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I just came back from a large conference at this hotel. We had fantastic service. Food was good and the staff very friendly. As one of the coordinators of the event I had to take care of any issues that did pop up. The staff went far above and beyond to help us with anything. Rooms were clean and the new bar area is well laid out. We will definitely be returning. The only issue we had was this hotel does not offer free internet in the rooms. For a business conference in this day and age I find that unacceptable.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stay here while on business once every three months. During my recent trip in Feb 2014, other than the usual hotel room stay, I also had dinner at the resturant in the lobby area. The food was really good. Both my colleague and myself enjoyed a few beers, flatbreads and sandwiches while watching sport on TV. Rooms are nicely done.

Room Tip: watching out for events at the hotel. Lobby gets very loud.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Having stayed here before and it's always been comfortable.
Tonight we were traveling late and a party of four in two rooms.
We were running late and called to see if we could order dinner before
the kitchen closed. Joseph was so helpful and enthusiastic to help us with
our every request. Everything we ordered was perfect.
Joseph is a diamond in the rough. Thank you Joseph.
As far as the room it was fine and comfortable.
Always know what we are getting.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington

Been to Hartford Marriott Farmington? Share your experiences!