“Clean” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Farmington
Corning, New York
“Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Room was neat & clean, Hotel Restaraunt was extremely convenient & had great food & nice servers! VERY noisy on Saturday night, had to call after 1:30 am , people still up yelling & slamming doors. We were on the ground floor & after the room was cleaned, the sliding door was left open when we got back, only had the screen door- checked, but things were all still there, did notify the staff of this occurance. The sliding door lock did not work, but there was a bar to hold it shut from the inside, overall didnt give me a very fuzzy feeling- it was just my daughter & I out of town for soccer for the weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor away from others if you want to sleep well
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Good Afternoon!

Thank you for the nice comments regarding our staff and service. I also appreciate bringing to my attention your concern regarding your sliding door. We take safety and security as a top priority here. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you!

Regards,

Dino DiMattia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Queens, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very outdated exterior which no amount of interior renovation can cure. That said, lobby is very pleasant and front desk staff is friendly and courteous. I was here for two weekend nights with my wife and two kids. It was our second time staying here. We had some issues last time, but gave it another shot. It has certainly not improved.

It's clearly a hotel designed for business travelers. As such, they nickel-and-dime and overcharge for everything. They charge for WiFi, which is something I didn't even think hotels did anymore. Plus, the main restaurant is outrageously overpriced. The breakfast buffet is about $17 per person, so it'd cost a family of four about $70! The a la carte' menu was no better. $5 for plain ole' hot tea! I kid not! Needless to say we didn't eat there. The Starbucks bar situated right next to the main restaurant (selling coffee, muffins, etc.) was a bit more reasonably-priced, so we ate there one morning. The other morning we just grabbed some Dunkin' Donuts up the street.

Pool areas are nice in that they offer a good-sized outdoor pool, as well as an indoor pool and whirlpool. However, they are a little unkempt and are completely unsupervised by hotel staff. When we were there on a Sunday morning, there were tons of cigarette butts on the patio around the outdoor pool (as in, the staff didn't even sweep them up at the end of the previous day), they ran out of towels about an hour in (with no one in sight to start restocking them), and there were toddlers in the whirlpool despite a sign clearly stating you had to be over 16. All of these problems are ones that any hotel that holds themselves out to be of high quality should proactively seek to prevent and/or resolve. If you're going to charge $5 for hot tea, at least sweep up the cigarettes butts!

I'm a loyal Marriott customer and will probably continue to be so, but sorry to say this particular hotel is certainly very low on my list and it's doubtful I'll return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Good afternoon!

Thank you for providing feedback on our property. Our facility has just begun a multi- million dollar renovation that includes our lobby and lounge area. When it is complete we will have the new Marriott "Great Room" that has been featured in so many other Marriott Hotels. We also gathered proposals from our Landscaping company and will be selecting projects over the next several weeks to complete. I do appreciate your comments regarding our pricing and will pass them along to our corporate office. Once again, thank you for your business and look forward to having you join us once our "Great Room" is complete and landscaping projects are finished. We wish you and your family a wonderful summer!

Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Marriott Farmington for 1 night to attend a wedding nearby. I was impressed by the size of the facility and the amenities that it provided. The pool area (indoor and outdoor) was very impressive and a welcome amenity for my children to enjoy during their stay. I booked adjoining rooms and was placed on the pool level so we could simply walk out of our room and be on the pool deck! The kids loved the ability to travel back and forth from the room with ease. I will say that the exterior of the patio doors to our rooms were covered with spiderwebs and the groundskeeper/management should spend more attention to these areas. I was very I impressed with the hotel fitness center. The center was well equipped with cardiovascular and strength training equipment that allowed for a well balanced workout experience. The rooms were clean and modern, if only of the standard size for this type of hotel. My wife and I used the hotel restaurant for late night dining and buffet breakfast and were pleased with our meals and the service provided. Overall we had a very pleasant experience and would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed June 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments regarding our facility especially our outdoor pool. I will be sure to discuss your comments regarding the spider webs with our Executive Housekeeper. We will be sure to inspect all the guest rooms on this lower level of our hotel. We appreciate your comments as it will assist us in providing a better experience for future guests of ours and for that I am extremely grateful!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed at MANY Marriott hotels this was by far the worst experience. I was very disappointed in the response I received from the front desk, re; accommodation requests. Hotel seemed clean. We stayed at this hotel during a heat wave, A/C was awful! Dining experience, buffet breakfast, go to denny's...they didn't refill trays as it got closer to closing so there wasn't much we ate for the price we paid. Emailed management, in so many words, oh well, so sorry. Will NEVER stay here agin or for that matter any Marriott, will stick to Hilton.

1 Thank justme028
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Good Morning!

My apologies for providing you with a less than perfect stay. I will be sure to share your comments with my team, especially my Front Desk and Food and Beverage team. They will utilize your comments as a training tool so we can provide a better experience for future Marriott customers. Should you find yourself in need for hotel accommodations in the near future please give us a second try by calling me directly and I will be sure to personalize your stay.

Enfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Overall, a really nice hotel - beautiful lobby, nice lounge area, good breakfast buffet and a courteous and customer-friendly staff. We stayed at the hotel the night of our daughter's wedding, along with several family members and friends and had about a dozen rooms booked. Unfortunately, talk around the breakfast table the next morning indicated that my husband and I were not the only ones who had damp bed linens, which made for uncomfortable sleeping.

We also had a small problem with the room given to my elderly parents, who had requested handicapped accommodations - they were placed in a separate wing than the rest of our party, and a very lenghty walk for them at that, and although we had to press the issue the front desk ultimately provided a new room, closer to the rest of us, which made it easier for everyone all around.

On a positive note, we continued our party that night in the bar/lounge, and upon learning that the wedding venue had wrapped up numerous trays of chocolate covered fruit and extra wedding cake, all perishable, the staff offered to place them in the restaurant refrigerators, a very generous and much appreciated offer!

Overall, a pleasant stay, and a property we would definitely recommend! Just get those bed linens dry! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KarenOHaraZimmerm
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Good Afternoon!

Thank you for the wonderful comments, especially our staff. I am very proud of them. I also am very appreciative of your constructive comments regarding our bed linens as well as the location of your guest room. I will be sure to speak to our Executive Housekeeper so he can identify any mechanical issues. I have already spoke to our Front Office Manager and he will be in touch with you regarding your challenge with room locations. I believe someone in your party has contacted Marriott Customer care. Once again, thank you for your business and congratulations on your daughters wedding!

Jacksonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice hotel. The staff was very helpful, and accommodating. The pool was great! I would stay here again! It is close to the highway, and can be easily accessed from the surrounding towns. The rooms are big, and bedding is very comfortable. They supplied B&B works shampoo and shower supplies which were very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for providing this wonderful feedback on our hotel. I especially appreciate the comments on our staff! I will be sure to share your comments with them. Look forward to having you back real soon!

Hicksville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for the past 2 weeks now for business purposes. It is pretty much the nicest hotel in the area.

The staff is great and attentive. It is clean and the beds are OK. However, the rooms are a little on the smaller side. Besides that, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Last stay I ended up staying at the executive wing due to capacity issues. Although the room itself was fine, the hall-ways were crowded and there was a lot of noise. If you can, stick with the main building and do not get a room in the executive wing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff service and cleanliness! It is what keeps the customers coming back again and again. It sounds like you might have been on the third floor of our concierge wing. This is where the hospitality suite is for all our Platinum guests. We are working on the possibility of having a sound proof door installed to minimize the chatter coming down the hall. Thank you for your comments regarding this particular issue. I would recommend on your next visit to request either second or first floor in the Ewing. Please introduce yourself on your next stay so I can personalize your guest room.

Dino DiMattia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#4 of 7 in Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Hartford Marriott Downtown

Been to Hartford Marriott Farmington? Share your experiences!