Hartford Marriott Farmington
Doubletree.com
$60
Motel 6
$117
All reviewsthe concierge loungesushioffice parkoutdoor poolroom servicebusiness parkdolmacoffee barbit datedfront desk staffbusiness travelhot tubcookieshartford areaoff the highwayhome away from homewing
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott Farmington for 1 night to attend a wedding nearby. I was impressed by the size of the facility and the amenities that it provided. The pool area (indoor and outdoor) was very impressive and a welcome amenity for my children to enjoy during their stay. I booked adjoining rooms and was placed on the pool level so we could simply walk out of our room and be on the pool deck! The kids loved the ability to travel back and forth from the room with ease. I will say that the exterior of the patio doors to our rooms were covered with spiderwebs and the groundskeeper/management should spend more attention to these areas. I was very I impressed with the hotel fitness center. The center was well equipped with cardiovascular and strength training equipment that allowed for a well balanced workout experience. The rooms were clean and modern, if only of the standard size for this type of hotel. My wife and I used the hotel restaurant for late night dining and buffet breakfast and were pleased with our meals and the service provided. Overall we had a very pleasant experience and would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: June 2013
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments regarding our facility especially our outdoor pool. I will be sure to discuss your comments regarding the spider webs with our Executive Housekeeper. We will be sure to inspect all the guest rooms on this lower level of our hotel. We appreciate your comments as it will assist us in providing a better experience for future guests of ours and for that I am extremely grateful!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed at MANY Marriott hotels this was by far the worst experience. I was very disappointed in the response I received from the front desk, re; accommodation requests. Hotel seemed clean. We stayed at this hotel during a heat wave, A/C was awful! Dining experience, buffet breakfast, go to denny's...they didn't refill trays as it got closer to closing so there wasn't much we ate for the price we paid. Emailed management, in so many words, oh well, so sorry. Will NEVER stay here agin or for that matter any Marriott, will stick to Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank justme028
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Good Morning!

My apologies for providing you with a less than perfect stay. I will be sure to share your comments with my team, especially my Front Desk and Food and Beverage team. They will utilize your comments as a training tool so we can provide a better experience for future Marriott customers. Should you find yourself in need for hotel accommodations in the near future please give us a second try by calling me directly and I will be sure to personalize your stay.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Overall, a really nice hotel - beautiful lobby, nice lounge area, good breakfast buffet and a courteous and customer-friendly staff. We stayed at the hotel the night of our daughter's wedding, along with several family members and friends and had about a dozen rooms booked. Unfortunately, talk around the breakfast table the next morning indicated that my husband and I were not the only ones who had damp bed linens, which made for uncomfortable sleeping.

We also had a small problem with the room given to my elderly parents, who had requested handicapped accommodations - they were placed in a separate wing than the rest of our party, and a very lenghty walk for them at that, and although we had to press the issue the front desk ultimately provided a new room, closer to the rest of us, which made it easier for everyone all around.

On a positive note, we continued our party that night in the bar/lounge, and upon learning that the wedding venue had wrapped up numerous trays of chocolate covered fruit and extra wedding cake, all perishable, the staff offered to place them in the restaurant refrigerators, a very generous and much appreciated offer!

Overall, a pleasant stay, and a property we would definitely recommend! Just get those bed linens dry! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KarenOHaraZimmerm
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for the wonderful comments, especially our staff. I am very proud of them. I also am very appreciative of your constructive comments regarding our bed linens as well as the location of your guest room. I will be sure to speak to our Executive Housekeeper so he can identify any mechanical issues. I have already spoke to our Front Office Manager and he will be in touch with you regarding your challenge with room locations. I believe someone in your party has contacted Marriott Customer care. Once again, thank you for your business and congratulations on your daughters wedding!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice hotel. The staff was very helpful, and accommodating. The pool was great! I would stay here again! It is close to the highway, and can be easily accessed from the surrounding towns. The rooms are big, and bedding is very comfortable. They supplied B&B works shampoo and shower supplies which were very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Good Morning,

Thank you for providing this wonderful feedback on our hotel. I especially appreciate the comments on our staff! I will be sure to share your comments with them. Look forward to having you back real soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for the past 2 weeks now for business purposes. It is pretty much the nicest hotel in the area.

The staff is great and attentive. It is clean and the beds are OK. However, the rooms are a little on the smaller side. Besides that, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Last stay I ended up staying at the executive wing due to capacity issues. Although the room itself was fine, the hall-ways were crowded and there was a lot of noise. If you can, stick with the main building and do not get a room in the executive wing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff service and cleanliness! It is what keeps the customers coming back again and again. It sounds like you might have been on the third floor of our concierge wing. This is where the hospitality suite is for all our Platinum guests. We are working on the possibility of having a sound proof door installed to minimize the chatter coming down the hall. Thank you for your comments regarding this particular issue. I would recommend on your next visit to request either second or first floor in the Ewing. Please introduce yourself on your next stay so I can personalize your guest room.