“June 2, 2013”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Farmington
Enfield, Connecticut
“June 2, 2013”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Overall, a really nice hotel - beautiful lobby, nice lounge area, good breakfast buffet and a courteous and customer-friendly staff. We stayed at the hotel the night of our daughter's wedding, along with several family members and friends and had about a dozen rooms booked. Unfortunately, talk around the breakfast table the next morning indicated that my husband and I were not the only ones who had damp bed linens, which made for uncomfortable sleeping.

We also had a small problem with the room given to my elderly parents, who had requested handicapped accommodations - they were placed in a separate wing than the rest of our party, and a very lenghty walk for them at that, and although we had to press the issue the front desk ultimately provided a new room, closer to the rest of us, which made it easier for everyone all around.

On a positive note, we continued our party that night in the bar/lounge, and upon learning that the wedding venue had wrapped up numerous trays of chocolate covered fruit and extra wedding cake, all perishable, the staff offered to place them in the restaurant refrigerators, a very generous and much appreciated offer!

Overall, a pleasant stay, and a property we would definitely recommend! Just get those bed linens dry! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KarenOHaraZimmerm
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Good Afternoon!

Thank you for the wonderful comments, especially our staff. I am very proud of them. I also am very appreciative of your constructive comments regarding our bed linens as well as the location of your guest room. I will be sure to speak to our Executive Housekeeper so he can identify any mechanical issues. I have already spoke to our Front Office Manager and he will be in touch with you regarding your challenge with room locations. I believe someone in your party has contacted Marriott Customer care. Once again, thank you for your business and congratulations on your daughters wedding!

Dino DiMattia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice hotel. The staff was very helpful, and accommodating. The pool was great! I would stay here again! It is close to the highway, and can be easily accessed from the surrounding towns. The rooms are big, and bedding is very comfortable. They supplied B&B works shampoo and shower supplies which were very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for providing this wonderful feedback on our hotel. I especially appreciate the comments on our staff! I will be sure to share your comments with them. Look forward to having you back real soon!

Hicksville, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for the past 2 weeks now for business purposes. It is pretty much the nicest hotel in the area.

The staff is great and attentive. It is clean and the beds are OK. However, the rooms are a little on the smaller side. Besides that, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Last stay I ended up staying at the executive wing due to capacity issues. Although the room itself was fine, the hall-ways were crowded and there was a lot of noise. If you can, stick with the main building and do not get a room in the executive wing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff service and cleanliness! It is what keeps the customers coming back again and again. It sounds like you might have been on the third floor of our concierge wing. This is where the hospitality suite is for all our Platinum guests. We are working on the possibility of having a sound proof door installed to minimize the chatter coming down the hall. Thank you for your comments regarding this particular issue. I would recommend on your next visit to request either second or first floor in the Ewing. Please introduce yourself on your next stay so I can personalize your guest room.

Yonkers, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Typical Marriott, with extremely pleasant staff, clean rooms and accessible location right off the interstate. The bed was large, comfy and very clean. The room had plenty of space and the bath/shower were very clean and roomy. Had lunch in one of the restaurants off the main lobby and service was again very good. The meal was tasty and reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Good Afternoon!

Thank you for your comments especially on how clean our hotel is. When I travel that is one of things I personally look for. If you have a clean establishment, everything else will be great! We look forward to having you with us again soon! Please introduce yourself to me so I can personalize your stay.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Clearly customer service is a top priority. From check-in to check-out, I encountered a superb staff. I was given an access code for free wi-fi (I'm only a silver and that seldom happens at other Marriots), I was walking through the lobby with full hands and noticed the lovely trays of cookies they were putting out for guests. One of their team members noticed and offered to carry a plate of cookies to my room since my hands were full! Everyone smiled and checked to see if you needed anything wherever you were. I got coffee the 2nd mornign I was there and when I went back down an hour or so later the girl at the coffee counter recognized me and said I didn't need to pay for the 2nd cup. If I'm every back in Farmington, I'd absolutely stay here. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dbaxterohio
Good Afternoon!

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding my team! I am lucky to be associated with such a dedicated hard working group of associates! I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary warm cookies and beverage that we offer each night. It is refreshing to hear such nice things about the entire staff. We look forward to having you back real soon. Please introduce your self on your next stay so I can personalize your stay!

Holland, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We spent a quick night there to attend a concert nearby. The staff was very friendly each time we passed them. The halls seemed to be cleaned with a great smelling orange product. Room had nice chair, desk, bed, plug and light setup. Room was warm and we ended up opening the window to cool it as the A/C wasn't up to the task. Bath was a little small and the tub sort of slippery.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon!

Thank you for the comments regarding our staff. I also appreciate your feedback on our HVAC system and tubs. New England does offer many beautiful things and one of them is our change in seasons. Unfortunately, this brings a change in tempertures that sometimes occurs rather quickly. We appreciate your understanding and your business! I will have our engineer inspect your guest room tub and make any necessary application to it to prevent any future slips or falls. Thank you.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 1, 2013

One employee at the Hartford Farmington Marriott hotel made my Easter morning a whole lot easier! Maureen J in dining services not only went out of her way to take the address of where I was meeting my family, but did a MapQuest to print out the directions. She went above & beyond and even took the time to make sure I understood the not-so-easy route to where I was headed. Thanks, Maureen!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dino D, General Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your service during Easter. I will be sure to share your comments with her direct supervisor. Maureen will be invited to our monthly Spirit to Serve luncheon next month. I am sorry you didnt feel that our hotel wasnt a five rating in other categories. I would appreciate your feedback at GM971@Columbiasussex.com.

Once again, thank you and hopefully we will see you return for Mothers Day!

Dino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#4 of 7 in Farmington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut

Been to Hartford Marriott Farmington? Share your experiences!