“Comfortable and convenient”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Wantagh, New York
“Comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times for business and most recently in January of 2013. They provide discounted rates if you pay in advance and also provide corporate rates if you are visiting local clients. This is a full servcie Marriott with a nice pool and a gym. They also have the usual Marriott buffet option for breakfast or you can order from the menu. At night they have a fairly crowded bar and restaurant. They also had the fresh baked cookies that other reviewers referenced, in the lobby, when I checked in.

Several years ago they replaced all of the mattresses and the new ones are too soft for me. Therefore, I always request a bedboard when I make my reservation and they always provide one. The staff were friendly and quickly took care of any requests.

1 Thank Suicune723
Dino D, Manager at Hartford Marriott Farmington, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your business and your wonderful comments regarding our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us soon!

Warm Regards,

Dino DiMattia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Hazlet, New Jersey
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice place to stay, clean, comfortable and the beds were great. Friendly staff in every direction. I was there for business and the staff took care if us every moment. The food was surprisely good. Great for business meetings, large meeting rooms and large ballroom. Very big hotel.

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our staff, especially our culinary team. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Look forward to your return trip soon.

Warm Regards,

Dino DiMattia
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was my 4th stay at the Marriott in Farmington, CT - an absolute delight! I came in for a business trip to start the new year and was greeted at the door with smiles and a warm welcome. The front desk staff was most cordial as I experienced in previous trips but what I didn't expect was the exceptional level of service that followed!

My room was immaculate, comfortable, and well appointed, however, the heating system was not working properly so an engineer made an adjustment and it seemed ok but my sleep was fitful. I mentioned this to management the next morning. A staff member at the front desk was apologetic and very gracious. She offered a gratis room upgrade and I slept like a baby the next night. Frankly, I did not expect this and I was very grateful.

The staff at this hotel goes out of their way to please their guests. My complements to Noreen and Johnny who greeted me when I arrived, Patrick and Brian, waitstaff in the dining room and lounge, Donnetta, front desk associate who found and delivered clothes that I left behind (thank you), Susan, an amazing front desk associate that was very helpful to me, and Dino, their gracious GM.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I am shocked at the good reviews and wonder what other hotels fellow reviewers have stayed at to give this location five stars??

Service is OK - nothing special, but it's satisfactory - very much like the hotel itself. While a bit old fashioned, restaurant and bar area are OK - food is nothing special - and within the area, believe this may be the only hotel with a restaurant directly attached.

That said, it is hardly worth staying here for that. It is clearly very old, almost a step back in time. Very strange layout of building that can be a lengthy walk from parking lot within hotel to room. Parking definitely s premium. Building has clearly seen better days - elevators are rickety, rooms need refurbishment along with common areas, could not get heating system to work, even after maintenance staff looking at it and saying "it was fixed", no wake-up call despite my request, etc.

You'll do much better at the new Hampton Inn or another economy hotel, and get much more bang for your buck. Plenty of dining options only a few exits anyway either direction on the highway.

Come in with very low expectations, and hopefully there's less disappointment.

• Stayed December 2012
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed December 3, 2012

When was the last time you got a THANK YOU with a little note for the tip you left on the bed for the housekeeper?? It's been a long time for us. That was just a small but welcomed part of our stay. We had to fly into Hartford for a funeral from our home in Florida, needed a place near New Britain & Rocky Hill and not too far from the airport. We read the reviews on HotelsByMe (which BTW is an awesome iPhone app which has served us VERY well). We are fairly fussy travelers. This hotel met ALL our requirements. From the point of arrival, we were greeted by happy people who made us feel immediately like we had "arrived home". EVERYONE was like that, from the front door, to the restaurant, to the housekeeping staff. It's professionally managed, first class all the way. Bed linens were great, room was clean, and there were enough outlets on the desk for all 4 of our devices- no diving under tables to find an extra one. WiFi is free (with a passcode). The restaurants (2) have great options. It is near ESPN headquarters so you might even see an occasional pro sportcaster (we saw Mike Ditka). Lots of business travelers with a great business center. Indoor pool had people exercising in it at 6:30AM on a 27 degree day. Want eggs benedict for breakfast? You can do that here. Want Sushi for dinner? You can do that too. There really was no need to hunt down a restaurant. Even though it is a fairly big facility, you had no feeling of that. Fireplace was lit, and it just had all the comforts of home. Price was right too. GOOD JOB MARRIOTT- thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a good place to stay outside of the chaos of Hartford. Limited amenities but aesthetically pleasant, quiet, and comfortable. The food is pretty good and the pool is very nice. The staff is exceedingly pleasant.

Room Tip: The pool is busy with families during peak hours so the best time to swim is very very early or afte...