“Good Place to Stay”

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed herefor almost 2 months.All the front desk clerks was very cooperative.They had a drop to the nearby business office & also weeknd trips for grocery which was good.Would appreciate a bit more in the breakfast choices & some change daily would do good. The room is good & clean. We would have appreciated a few of the typical plastic cups for use in the bathroom.Also some more amall utensils in the kitchen would do a goodThe choice in the television programs are good ,Internet is generally fast. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so happy to know that our staff kept you well informed and comfortable during your stay. We are glad to hear that the shuttle service to and from your job and stores made your stay easier.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here for a brief overnight. The front desk clerk was very amiable (much more so than most). We got to our room and it was spotless and very nice looking. The kitchen area had a full fridge, stove, sink, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. There was a sparse supply of utensils, dishes, colander, a pot, and a frying pan. The room had a desk area, table area, recliner and two desk chairs.

Only a couple of minor negatives. We would have appreciated a few of the typical plastic cups for use in the bathroom, and that the ice cube trays were filled in the refrigerator (though they had spares at the front desk).

I'm always looking for more outlets near the bed for phone chargers and my CPAP machine. There was only one open but at least it was accessible and not behind the bed like in many locations.

Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such an awesome review. I am happy to hear the cleanliness and the full kitchen in your room met your standards. I truly value your comments about the outlets and will look into ways to make them more reachable; however, I am proud of our team for making your stay delightful.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

overall, staff is great and the room was clean, except for a sock and a few other things under the bed. the sofa bed was really uncomfortable, the regular bed was great. breakfast is just coffee, tea and a few packaged items. there was a strong perfume deodorizer in the a/c unit that really irritated my allergies. i had asked for a low allergen type room. it took two days of inquiry with staff without progress on the allergy issue before I finally figured out the source for myself. i would not stay here again unless these problems are resolved.

Room Tip: ask if the sofa bed has a new mattress.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that the conditions of the room were not up to your satisfaction. Your comments were reviewed by the staff; we are working with the staff in responding in a timely manner to guest request to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at far@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I've stayed here several times and while it costs me a bit more than other options, the kitchen and dog-friendly policy make it well worth it: Clean and reliable with a huge park-like setting that offers a great place to walk and exercise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Jan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the full kitchen in your room suited your needs and that you liked our pet-friendly policy. As well, I am glad that you liked our property's surroundings and how clean it was overall.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The whole family spent a week at the Extended Stay in Farmington travelling with my husband on business. I have two teenagers.
It is a good location right at the junction of I 84 and 10 mins to downtown Hartford.
It is not fancy but good value for money. We felt quite at home there !
We had two double beds and a pull out sofa bed so the kids did not have to share.
It is a bonus to have a proper stove and refrigerator in the kitchen so I was able to cook us Pizza, chilli, spaghetti and save on eating out every night.
Kitchen equipment is a bit limited although pans are provided.
There is a breakfast bar to sit at to eat but it would have been nice to have had a table we could all sit round.
Beds are comfy. There is a laundry.
Staff are amazingly friendly and helpful, especially Colleen who was so cheerful too!

Rooms are only cleaned once a week or if you request extra cleaning and pay for it. But cleaning staff were happy to let me borrow a broom to sweep kitchen floor and there were always clean sheets and towels if you ask for them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that your family enjoyed our hotel's location and you room, especially the in-room kitchen. As well, I am glad that our staff provided you with friendly and helpful service. I will be sure to share your comments with Colleen and the rest of our team.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I reserved the hotel via Priceline Express Deal for 1 night. It was listed as a 2 star hotel. When I saw some of the reviews i had some misgivings about my stay, these proved to be misplaced. The hotel was a great value. The room (221) was quiet, well laid-out with nice bed, clean (recently renovated?) bathroom, small kitchen area with full sized refrigerator. I was surprised by and pleased with the accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hi there,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that the hotel was a great value to you and better than a 2 star rating. Our goal is to provide you with a comfortable home away from home experience and we take great pride in know we did just that! Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Sometimes you can use Extended Stay for one night. Do it if you can, because they offer a lot of extras--a full kitchen for instance--that other places don't. I've done this twice now, and been very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rob M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Rob - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your room and the kitchen we provide in all of the guest suites. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville

Been to Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington? Share your experiences!