“Good but some improvements needed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farmington
Burlington, Vermont
“Good but some improvements needed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was going to give a 4 as we really liked the location of the hotel, the full kitchen, spacious bathroom, and nice sitting area. However, it would have been difficult to cook as there were no pots. Then in the morning I was extremely disappointed by the complimentary "breakfast". These days that means coffee, juice, yogurt, fruit, bread, and jam, and often more. However, all we got was coffee, an oatmeal bar, and a small muffin. If you don't want to cook or eat a decent breakfast, the hotel is a good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel's location and your comfortable, spacious room; however, we apologize that the breakfast did not meet your approval. This is a new feature at our hotel, so we will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at far@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Clean ,roomy and comfortable ! Easy to get to, and right off the highway. Check in was a breeze and Colleen was AWESOME, friendly and helpul ! when we were checking in she pulled out a basket of toiletries and asked us if we needed anything..I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad that you found our staff to be friendly and that you truly enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. I will be sure to share all of your remarks with the entire team, especially Colleen.

Bellmore, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Everything from the Lobby, hallway, and elevator to the room,bathroom and kitchen was spotless. There was a weird smell in the hallway,but I guess you have to expect that when there are kitchens around. Also, the doors have this weird mechanism that makes them close slowly at first, but then they kinda slam shut the last few inches. This was a bit unnerving when the housekeeper had to go from room to room, cleaning. We asked her to keep it down and she was really nice about it. The front desk staff was also friendly, and helpful. The breakfast was light, coffee, muffins, oatmeal, cereal bars and fruits but the the area was kept clean, which is very important to us. The hotel was also VERY accessible from the highway. We would definitely stay here again. In fact, we're looking into having our next family vacation in the area. Thanks and keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful during your visit. Please accept our apologies that you were disturbed by the housekeeping staff; however, I am glad that we were able to eliminate these noises in a timely manner.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Certainly a good place to stay, with good staff and clean rooms. We chose this hotel because of kitchen facility. All was as expected, I.e very nice except complimentary b'fast. They had muffins, coffee, tea, apples oat meal.. But I expected cereals and milk too, which was missing. Though we had kitchen, so did not face any problems in meals but as per me, when they say that they provide complimentary b'fast, we start expecting. Overall excellent.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank suigeneris27
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your accommodations. I do apologize about the confusion with our grab and go breakfast.

mobile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Overall this is a nice place.
The room is very clean and the kitchen even has an oven. The hotel is right off 84- very easy to get on off the highway.
We travel with our dog and they give people with pets rooms on the first floor close to the exit doors to make it easier to take your dog outside. Plenty of grassy area for your pet and poo bag station provided. We booked through Priceline and got our room for 50/night! We stayed here for 6 nights and would stay again. They have a laundry room, a fitness room, the parking lots are well lit.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The friendly staff with the quality of the room making staying out of town feel like you are at your own home. The grab and go breakfast is good for those that enjoy coffee. Check out is quick and efficient whereas checking in for returning customers (weekly in my case) is a bit redundant.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your stays with us.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to offering you coffee each morning and assisting you with checking out and checking back in as needed!
Farmington, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hello,
After my stay for 8 + months i would say this hotel is clean and service is good.

But in terms of being a hotel industry expectation of hotel staff response is very important wherein it lacks and needs a huge ground of improvement..

Here is an incidence :
At 6 in the evening kitchen light of my room stopped working and asked for help, response i would be done tomorrow morning but they didnt care of me working in dark, I had to suggest to provide additional lights.

So its your responsible to provide alternate solution which should have been from staff members. So pro-active response in needed

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear about the issue that occured. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am reviewing your comments with my entire staff. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at far@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#4 of 7 in Farmington
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville

Been to Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington? Share your experiences!