“Nicely furnished and clean”

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farmington
Bellmore, New York
“Nicely furnished and clean”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Everything from the Lobby, hallway, and elevator to the room,bathroom and kitchen was spotless. There was a weird smell in the hallway,but I guess you have to expect that when there are kitchens around. Also, the doors have this weird mechanism that makes them close slowly at first, but then they kinda slam shut the last few inches. This was a bit unnerving when the housekeeper had to go from room to room, cleaning. We asked her to keep it down and she was really nice about it. The front desk staff was also friendly, and helpful. The breakfast was light, coffee, muffins, oatmeal, cereal bars and fruits but the the area was kept clean, which is very important to us. The hotel was also VERY accessible from the highway. We would definitely stay here again. In fact, we're looking into having our next family vacation in the area. Thanks and keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful during your visit. Please accept our apologies that you were disturbed by the housekeeping staff; however, I am glad that we were able to eliminate these noises in a timely manner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Certainly a good place to stay, with good staff and clean rooms. We chose this hotel because of kitchen facility. All was as expected, I.e very nice except complimentary b'fast. They had muffins, coffee, tea, apples oat meal.. But I expected cereals and milk too, which was missing. Though we had kitchen, so did not face any problems in meals but as per me, when they say that they provide complimentary b'fast, we start expecting. Overall excellent.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank suigeneris27
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your accommodations. I do apologize about the confusion with our grab and go breakfast.

mobile
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Overall this is a nice place.
The room is very clean and the kitchen even has an oven. The hotel is right off 84- very easy to get on off the highway.
We travel with our dog and they give people with pets rooms on the first floor close to the exit doors to make it easier to take your dog outside. Plenty of grassy area for your pet and poo bag station provided. We booked through Priceline and got our room for 50/night! We stayed here for 6 nights and would stay again. They have a laundry room, a fitness room, the parking lots are well lit.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The friendly staff with the quality of the room making staying out of town feel like you are at your own home. The grab and go breakfast is good for those that enjoy coffee. Check out is quick and efficient whereas checking in for returning customers (weekly in my case) is a bit redundant.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your stays with us.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to offering you coffee each morning and assisting you with checking out and checking back in as needed!
Farmington, Connecticut
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hello,
After my stay for 8 + months i would say this hotel is clean and service is good.

But in terms of being a hotel industry expectation of hotel staff response is very important wherein it lacks and needs a huge ground of improvement..

Here is an incidence :
At 6 in the evening kitchen light of my room stopped working and asked for help, response i would be done tomorrow morning but they didnt care of me working in dark, I had to suggest to provide additional lights.

So its your responsible to provide alternate solution which should have been from staff members. So pro-active response in needed

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear about the issue that occured. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am reviewing your comments with my entire staff. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at far@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. Thank you.
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We traveled from PA Easter weekend and stayed for two nights. From check in to check out, our experience was exceptional. The hotel is clean and updated, and the staff was friendly and warm. Our room was great! It was very clean with plenty of towels in the bathroom, clean carpets, fresh bedding, and plenty of closet and drawer space. It also has a full kitchen with dishes, cups, mugs, cooking utensils, and flatware for you to use. The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows.
The breakfast is simple, but the coffee is fantastic. When we checked out, the staff had just finished cleaning up the breakfast spread, but when she heard that my fiancé was in need of coffee she went in the back and prepared a cup for him. That is proof enough for me that there is an emphasis on excellent customer service here.
We can't wait for our next trip so we can stay here again. Thank you for a stress free getaway!

• Stayed March 2013
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Farmington, Connecticut
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed here 4 different time and I would recommend to everyone when they are in Ct this is the only place to stay.
The staff is incredible and will make you feel at home. The breakfast they offer has many healthy snacks, fruit & great coffee.
If you have to be away from home the Extended Stay in Farmington is the only place you would want to stay.

Room Tip: One of the few hotels that will allow you to smoke. This is perfect for me.