“The location and the peacefulness provides you with a nice relaxing stay”

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farmington
“The location and the peacefulness provides you with a nice relaxing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

After staying there numerous times the entire staff is always on top of their game very helpful and always with a smile. The rooms are always immaculate the grounds well kept plus the location so close to highway is perfect when u pull in though you feel like your miles away from all that because of the setting ex stay Farmington is one of my favorites

• Stayed August 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford – Farmington, and for taking the time to review your latest experience at our hotel. Your kind words about our service, as well as the cleanliness of our hotel, mean a great deal to all of us. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we have been able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we look forward to your next visit. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here for 3 weeks recently on a business trip. Location is very beautiful and suburban close to the large and serene Batterson Park pond. Area is very quiet in spite of being close to a busy freeway.

Access to the neighborhood is excellent through I-84. There are limited stores nearby, Aldi being the closest at about 1.5 miles for groceries along with Subway and Dunkin Donuts. However shopping areas in Farmington and New Britain are within a few minutes of drive. West Farms mall is about 5 mins drive and is an excellent place to hang around and shop.

Rooms are quite clean with decent amenities. In house coin laundry, a small gym with a couple of treadmills/cycles and spacious parking are good aspects. Breakfast is quite limited with a choice of three coffees, muffin, bagel and apple. Coffee is pretty good. There is free wifi even though it is terribly speed limited at about 400 kbps max.

Cable channels are the usual stuff with no serious movie options other than Sho+ channels and Hallmark. TV is a 37" (?) LCD from LG. Has decent connectivity options even though it cant play video files through USB.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vasudevan M
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford - Farmington. I am happy to know that you found our hotel to be so convenient, and especially happy to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of the facility. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located off of 1-84. When we got up to our room we looked around a big. Everything appeared to be nice and clean, from the kitchen to the bathroom. Im not sure how old the hotel is, but the room that my partner and i had, was very well up kept, clean, and provided a pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to review your stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford - Farmington. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The first room we were given I forget either room 227 or 217 was aweful. Tje headboard was scratched as if there was a dog or cat on the room. The headboard had splotches like if someone sprayed something and drips ran down. The room smelled with this strong odor of maple syrup. The carpets in the hallways had stains on it especially on tje first floor where the housekeeping staff room is. We were able to get an upgraded room which was nice. The first impression of the room given to us along with the much need carpet replacing, left us in poor taste. Which by the way the breakfast they serve are cellophane wrapped muffins and bagels on a small counter by the lobby desk.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford - Farmington. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.
As to your comments regarding our breakfast offerings, we know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I like the idea of staying in an apartment style room with kitchenette because it gives flexibility. However I was not prepared for the room having only one queen bed. I ended up sleeping on the couch for the nite. Shame on HotWire for not making this clear. This property is getting old with dated furnishings and winkled worn carpet in the hallways. The staff was very nice and helpful but the housekeeping was deficient. We found crumbs on our stove and a large gob of hair in the shower. The room smelled very musty until we turned on the air conditioner. One pillow for each of us with no extras available when we asked. Breakfast was supposed to be included but consisted of coffee and packaged bagels/danish. Next time we will spend a little more for the Hampton Inn down the road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford - Farmington. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I didn't expect a whole lot from this place when I stayed for a couple days on business in Farmington, but I was amazed! The room was more of a studio apartment than a typical, cramped budget hotel.

There was a kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom sectioned off well enough that I felt very much at home. The place was clean, the room did not smell like smoke at all (this was mentioned on another review and had me worried). The staff was friendly and helpful. You rock,white-guy-with-a-beard at the front desk!

There is no daily maid service and the breakfast is a snack and a cup of coffee, but I'll gladly deal with those things at their low room price.

• Stayed July 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Hartford - Farmington. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I've had in a long time. The room smelled like stale cigarettes and felt very damp. When I turned on the A/C it emitted a urine like smell. It was so stuffy in the room, it became difficult to breathe at times. The drain in the tub didn't drain properly. Overall it was a terrible experience and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington, responded to this review, July 18, 2012

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#3 of 7 in Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville

Been to Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington? Share your experiences!