“Nice quick lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed September 8, 2013

On a whim we stopped by today. Glad we did!. Nice menu choices, friendly staff, very tasty sandwiches and to our pleasant surprise a very taste chick pea salad came with each sandwich and a small slice of dessert - yum!!

My wife said the tune was great and I tried the Focaccia bread it came on - chewy with just a little crisp on the outside - perfect. I had the Turkey Rueben and loved the onion/sauerkraut! I only wish the turkey was cooked there not what seemed cold-cut style.We can see why all he tables outside were full!.

This is more of a take-out place but they serve you outside with their to-go containers - that worked. They have new seating inside ( thats new it seems) but today was so so so very nice out - it was a pefect quick lunch. We will be back

There are newer reviews for Truffles Bakery and Kitchen

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I pulled off of the highway to find a bathroom and some food on our trip back from Mass. Truffles was the first place we saw and looked like a cute little cafe, so we stopped. The place was tiny and packed. They had 2 cases jammed with what looked like delicious baked goods and home made salads. They had a nice menu including breakfast and lunch sandwiches and salads. I ordered a portobella wrap with a side of pasta salad and surprise cake. My husband got a ham and cheese with spicy mustard on a kaiser roll. We were happy that we scored a place for good food instead of having to eat on the turnpike. When we did pull over to eat our food, we were both greatly dissapointed. My husband said his sandwich had something more akin to dijon or mayonnaise on it and there was very little meat. My wrap looked delicious, but when I ate it, it was completely tasteless. It needed salt or something. The "pasta salad" was some greens with a few pieces of pasta in it in a dressing that was also tasteless. The only thing that had any flavor was the surprise "cake" (a tiny triangle). But even that turned out to be key lime pie not cake...They were very busy and I can only assume that the crowd was there for the baked goods or something because if they made all their sandwiches and such this way I can't imagine that people would crowd around for it.. :0(

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our visit to Truffles was disappointing. We popped in for lunch and ordered their sandwich combo, which included a sandwich, pasta side dish and dessert, the latter two items chosen by the Chef. There was little to explain the ordering process, but we placed our orders and went upstairs to the dining area. The soft drink machine had run out of one of the offerings (Diet Coke) and no one seemed to know how to rectify the situation. After a reasonable wait, our orders were hurriedly placed on our table in take-away Styrofoam boxes. The sandwiches were tasty, but the pasta side-dish, chosen by the chef, was a small serve of cold corn and onions, which I don't think qualifies as a pasta. The desert was a small piece of lemon cake. It was tasty, but tipped on its side in the plastic container. For this basic meal, poorly presented, we paid over $25.00.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I can see why the locals love it, but as a tourist at lunchtime my quiche with fruit salad was mediocre at best.
The quiche was cold and the fruit salad not fresh. Definitely not worth the money I spent.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have stopped numerous times and always wonder how so much delicious food is produced in such a small space. When weather cooperates, their outdoor tables are relaxing even on a frantically busy road! Bakery items are outstanding, tea selection is great. I have only had coffee once; since I am a Green Mountain fan, this other brand was fine, just not what I like best.

I have ordered lunch; but always from what was in the deli case; never an order to make up. No disappointments. I like that they are still open during the supper hour when I am on my way to a meeting.

The help relates best to the regulars. As an occasional customer, I do feel on my own to figure the flow of getting tea, ordering, etc. But I can speak up! This is the center of Farmington where upscale prices prevail. Still, I will keep going back, and wish them well on their proposed expansion.