“Wow, whatta pizza!”
Review of Pizzeria Pomodoro - CLOSED

Pizzeria Pomodoro
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 23, 2013

First of all, bring cash, they don't take credit or debit cards, I was travelling through the area and stopped by here on a whim for a quick lunch. Ordered 2 slices. One was a mushroom and sausage slice and the other was a pepperoni slice. This place gives the New Haven pizza's a good run for the money. Both slices were delicious, with the sausage slice being my favorite. Chased it down with an Avery's Sarsaparilla soda. All ingredients used in the pies are locally sourced, they use only the best ingredients. The staff onsite were really proud of their product and they should be. It's a small place with few tables and easy to drive by but definitely worth the stop. If I am back in the area, I will definitely be trying some of the other pizza offerings!

1  Thank KidLove

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Small little pizza place with really quality ingredients. The staff is great, friendly and accommodating of special requests. There are about 6 small tables to eat in the restaurant but this is mostly a take-out place. Pizza is a bit pricey but very good and worth it!

1  Thank weezieonce
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I have just recently been transferred to the Farmington area for work. I have literally had pizza all over the world including several local pizza places, when we first got into town. All it took was one slice of this pizza to put all the others to shame. The salads and sandwiches are also fantastic. We were immediately treated like family. Everytime we have been in, the owner himself is making the pizza. It is an authentic pizzeria and you should do yourself a favor and stop by.

1  Thank CANDACE C
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having tried all the tops pizza spots in CT multiple times, I can confidently say that Pomodoro's BBQ chicken pizza is among the top specialty pizza's I've had. All the choices are great here, but the BBQ is insanely addictive which makes it hard to choose anything else, even for those who love variety. Naples is a very good pizza restaurant as well, but I find myself going back to Pomodoro's time and time again!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I got into a good-natured argument with a friend from Staten Island over whether Connecticut or NYC has the best pizza. While she should probably win the argument, there is no question we Nutmeggers are blessed with many, many excellent pizza places. Farmington itself has three top notch choices (Naples, Pizzeria Pomodoro and Joey Garlics) and picking among them is like choosing your favorite child - you love them all but one slightly stands out.

For me that one is Pizzaria Pomodoro. Their pizzas are uniformally excellent no matter what the topping. As has been said in prior reviews, the crust is just about perfect and the ingredients fresh and tasty. I prefer a half pepperoni half broccoli (yeah a weird combo but whatever) and the pepperoni is just the right balance of flavor and spice while broccoli is not loaded on like some pizzas. It's the perfect pie.

You can't go wrong with any of the places mentioned above and there is an easy solution to choosing where to go-- try them all!