“very dirty dining area wonder what the kitchen area looks like” 2 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Flaggstead Texas Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Burlington ct
“very dirty dining area wonder what the kitchen area looks like”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

the food was good but unfortunately it was served cold and the dining area was very dirty which make me wonder what the food prep area looks like this restaurant appears to be run with no supervision ( I would not recommend that anyone eat there unsanitary conditions )

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mike d

Newington, Connecticut
“Repeat customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Really good barbeque right off of Rt 4 in Farmington. Always look forward to having lunch here. The brisket and the poboy are unreal and the jalapeno corn bread is delicious.

Carlsbad, California
“I'm a BBQ-aholic and this is the BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I live in San Diego and I wish this restaurant delivered. I can't get the memory of the taste of that Brisket out of my mind. I'm trying to get more work in Connecticut so I can go back to Flaggstead Texas Smokehouse.

Visited August 2012
Farmington, Connecticut
“One of the worst...NOT true Smokehouse BBQ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have enjoyed BBQ all over the country. This is THE worst. We had the family package. The sausage barely had a hint of smoke, it was dry, mealy and tasted like sand. Brisket was dry, like leather, tasteless and difficult to cut. Chicken had no smoke flavor, very dry and the skin was rubbery and greasy. Ribs were dry, tasteless and very fatty. First time ever I have not finished a rib dinner. The cornbread was the only eatable food. Kids working were very nice. We should have known when we drove up. Thursday night, gorgeous summer evening, 6:30 and the restaurant was empty while all the other restaurants in town were packed.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY

• 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Windward1000
Ct
“Hole in the wall done great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

This is not your pretty place or waitress serving you're every desire. Very casual.

But the food.... WOW.

Amazing for CT. Usually we have to travel as far as Virginia plus for these choices and tastes. Daughter brought us here first time and hubby and I will be comming back every time we want that southern tastes. What's even better is you're not stuck with just one style of barbecue. The main three are represented here!!! This place will be a classic in years to come!

• 5 of 5 bubbles