“You go to these places for the food!!!”
Review of Lotus Grill

Lotus Grill
Ranked #11 of 74 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a mom and pop shop, nothing fancy, only a couple of tables, if you have a large party (6 or more people) you will take over the place. The decor is a little lacking, the drinks are all cans, but come-on... You don't go to these places for the ambiance!!! It was raining outside, so I was in the mood for something hot! I had visited this place on my last business trip just out of curiosity, and I left wanting more... I had hot and sour soup with jumbo ship, which I asked for extra hot (it was not), the lotus salad with shrimp and the Garlic Chicken. I threw the waiter off a little because I was by myself...lol

The food was all fresh, and the attention in the details of the spices where great! Nothing overbearing, I just wish it was MORE spicy. I had a little left over so I brought it home (midnight snack) Just like last time, I want MORE!!! I have not tried the Pho yet...I always like to check out the "regular menu" at Vietnamese places, it has served as a good way to tell if they are going to skimp out on the Pho. I will definitely try the Pho next time, because all of the food is great! Cheers!

There are newer reviews for Lotus Grill

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a small family restaurant that serves excellent, fresh, well prepared food in a small yet warm environment. Serves to the palate, you can not be disappointed for the food or the service.
Enjoy!

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Simple plain atmospheres don't always represent quality and perfect flavor pairings. We are weekly visitors to the gem and Cindy the Chef owner never disappoints! Bring your own wine- she provides the glasses! No cork charge! It is all about the food here. The Vietnamese crepe listed as an appetizer fills the plate with shrimp, chicken veggies in a crisp rice flour "packet". Shrimp skewers or sate, vermicelli with pork, steamed fish and triple delight are our favorites. Don 't forget the crispy spring rolls! Most come for the Pho: beautiful soup choices full of noodles. Add your fresh basil and sprouts and watch the meat cook in your bowl we never tire of Cindy's hospitality, table hopping and amazing food!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We live down the street and we tried Lotus Grill for the first time. Mae grout our own wine as we read it was BYOB. They provided wine glasses and a corkscrew. We ordered the shrimp spring rolls for an appetizer...wonderful! We also ordered two entrees my husband had the room temp noodles with egg rolls and I had the rare beef udon noodle soup. Both were very good. The nice part is you can add garnishes and sauces to suit your taste. Friendly people and you never feel rushed. It is a small place but that is nice. We will go back.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The food is very good and made to order. We order the Buns, dumplings and the chicken and pineapple. It is all delicious. Mama makes it all fresh in the kitchen. The prices are very reasonable. This is a very small restaurant that serves fine food.