“Horrible over salted westernised overpriced concotions”

P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Ranked #12 of 74 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We, a party of four, had our first and last experience with this chain.What took us here is we had a gift card from Christmas waiting to be used.When we got to the mall we realized we had left the gift card on the Kitchen counter back home.Not to worry, we figured we could use it on a future trip. The place was busy and we were given their beeper which allowed us to roam part of the mall for the 30min wait time. When we got called and went to the hostess counter they had us down for a party of two. This despite the hostess initially having told us that for a party of four it would take 30-45 mins to wait.They said not to worry and squeezed us in at a table.
We were served by a perky waitress who gave us the standard spiel :"we encourage sharing and serve family style". Some of the items we ordered included chicken lettuce wraps- the diced chicken was stir-fried with mushrooms, green onions and water chestnuts. Sounds good right? Wrong, because it is made in a brown sauce that makes it very salty. (their nutritional info that I checked later say Sodium level is 2090 mg). The other dish we had ordered was the large serving of hot and sour soup. This was a thick, glutinous soup, not spicy hot at all and not too sour either. Believe it or not it had the exact same sauce, judging by appearance and taste, as in the wraps. It was terribly salty (now I know. Sodium level: 7980 mg YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT). We also had ordered a Large Sichuan-Style Asparagus. That was stir-fried with ...wait for it....the same sauce. Salty again (Sodium level: 2400 mg). The final dish was LoMein with beef. Thankfully not the same sauce but salty all the same.(Sodium level: 3180). Our meal total sodium over 15,000 mg. Even if you were to divide it amongst 4 people its still twice the level recommended for an entire day.
Other than the saltiness the preparations themselves are faux-chinese, "Americanized" to a high degree. The decor is good, place is clean enough but the servers are stretched to the limit so special requests like hot sauce takes 10 mins to deliver.
Trap: The drinks are not cheap. Get it!! Make meals salty=thirst=more drinks
We will not be visiting again. The Gift card is up for sale on a website

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We made dinner reservations for PF Chang's on a Saturday night after Christmas, and it was a good thing we did make reservations since the mall and the restaurant were packed. We decided on the price fixe menu for 2 and started out with the tuna tataki appetizer. It was surprisingly blah...just thin slices of sushi tuna on a plate with a couple slices of jalapeno and some odd-tasting seaweed salad. No sauce. I love sushi tuna but this wasn't very good. For entrees we ordered the Mongolian beef and the honey shrimp. Both were okay but nothing special, and the Mongolian beef was very chewy. Overall for the price it was okay, but nothing to write home about, and we would definitely recommend choosing a different appetizer. The service was fine - no complaints there. We might go back another time but it wouldn't be high on our list.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had high expectations for PF Chang's. I'd heard a lot about it. We were greeted by very nice staff and after a short wait (maybe 10 minutes) we were seated in a very comfortable booth. We looked over the menu and ordered the spring rolls. My mother and I each ordered the Pad Thai (mine with Chicken, her's with shrimp).

The meals took about 40 minutes to come from when we ordered. When our dishes came, I was surprised when I took my first bite and my mouth was on fire. Many things on the menu had an "spicy" indicator. The Pad Thai didn't so I was surprised as I stirred through my dish to find crushed red pepper flakes all over it. I told the waitress that it didn't indicate spicy and I was upset about my mouth being on fire. She offered if I wanted to order something else, but unfortunately, we didn't have much time. Plus, I figured even if I ordered something else, it would take another 40 minutes. When I told her we didn't have time, she responded "Oh no problem" and walked away. It was a problem. I was starving and couldn't eat my meal.

The bill for 2 of us was about $40. Average for 2 at a sit down restaurant like that, but I was not satisfied with the time or taste.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Went here because my father and brother wanted too, i wasn't too happy because I've already been to one back home in Montreal. but...

The PF Changs in the states is way better then what we have in montreal!!

Food is better quality, the service is amazing, and the price is way cheaper!!

This is the first time that i had a great dinner at a PF Changs, i don't understand why i had such a different experience in the states??

Our waitress was amazing, always served us with a smile and made us feel at home!
I hope its like this for all the PF Changs in the states, and they should bring this quality to canada!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We eat at PF Chang's everytime we go to the WestFarms Mall...actually, we at their tonight. The best egg drop soup, spring rolls, lettuce wraps, ginger chicken and lemon chicken, lo mein and fried rice. The tea is great too!!! Crowded so make a reservation if you can. Always consistently good. We can't wait to go back!