“Didn't live up to the name”

P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Ranked #14 of 74 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had high expectations for PF Chang's. I'd heard a lot about it. We were greeted by very nice staff and after a short wait (maybe 10 minutes) we were seated in a very comfortable booth. We looked over the menu and ordered the spring rolls. My mother and I each ordered the Pad Thai (mine with Chicken, her's with shrimp).

The meals took about 40 minutes to come from when we ordered. When our dishes came, I was surprised when I took my first bite and my mouth was on fire. Many things on the menu had an "spicy" indicator. The Pad Thai didn't so I was surprised as I stirred through my dish to find crushed red pepper flakes all over it. I told the waitress that it didn't indicate spicy and I was upset about my mouth being on fire. She offered if I wanted to order something else, but unfortunately, we didn't have much time. Plus, I figured even if I ordered something else, it would take another 40 minutes. When I told her we didn't have time, she responded "Oh no problem" and walked away. It was a problem. I was starving and couldn't eat my meal.

The bill for 2 of us was about $40. Average for 2 at a sit down restaurant like that, but I was not satisfied with the time or taste.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Went here because my father and brother wanted too, i wasn't too happy because I've already been to one back home in Montreal. but...

The PF Changs in the states is way better then what we have in montreal!!

Food is better quality, the service is amazing, and the price is way cheaper!!

This is the first time that i had a great dinner at a PF Changs, i don't understand why i had such a different experience in the states??

Our waitress was amazing, always served us with a smile and made us feel at home!
I hope its like this for all the PF Changs in the states, and they should bring this quality to canada!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We eat at PF Chang's everytime we go to the WestFarms Mall...actually, we at their tonight. The best egg drop soup, spring rolls, lettuce wraps, ginger chicken and lemon chicken, lo mein and fried rice. The tea is great too!!! Crowded so make a reservation if you can. Always consistently good. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm not the biggest fan of chain restaurants, but PF Changs has me! I ordered their summer swordfish special and it was AMAZING. Lettuce wraps for an appetizer equally tasty!
Love the beautiful decor and atmosphere and LOVE that you can eat outside. They have a nice bar selection, and the drinks were excellent as well! On our most recent visit, We had a great waitress who was very friendly and accomdating.
Although pricier than "mom and pop" chinese/asian restaurants, I feel it's worth it! Great varied selection of different foods to please everyone on their menu! Highly recommend PF Changs!

1  Thank Catperson1
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is probably my fourth visit to this establishment and it was a nice one. I'm always a bit leery about these chain type of restaurants, but PF Chang's always seems to deliver. They had a nice assortment of food selections to fit anyone's palate. My wife and I settled on the the orange chicken and the Mongolian beef. Both were excellent. The beer selections and also pretty decent for a chain restaurant with craft beers from the local area. Overall, I really like this place and will go back again.