“Complete disappointment, I couldn't eat anything there!”

P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Milford, Connecticut
“Complete disappointment, I couldn't eat anything there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The only thing good about PF Chang's is that they are at least aware of people with food allergies. The only downside to that is that you are allergic to shellfish you CANNOT eat anything at this restaurant!!! I have enjoyed Chinese food everywhere, but they apparently put Oyster sauce in nearly everything, including meals that should not have oyster sauce. The menu they gave me that was safe to eat had literally one appetizer and like 4 or 5 meals. I picked one of the meals and it was just aweful, I really like spicy food, but it was all spice and absolutely no flavor! I have never sent anything back before, but I absolutely hated it and they gave me something that was at least ok. It still wasn't great, and I could of gotten a meal at a third of the price down the road from my house that was better. My husband who has no allergies did not like his meal either. He said the first few bites were excellent, and then as you kept eating it all you tasted was the oyster sauce. Half way through his meal he couldn't eat anymore of it, and said it was overwhelming. So many local chinese places that are so much better for the price!

• Visited August 2012

Newington, Connecticut
“Disappointed for the second time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went to this Farmington ct location last evening and was disappointed when the beef in our Mongolian dish was unchewable!. I had raved about this restaurant to many friends but am sorry I did since I certainly don't want them to have a bad experience due to my recommendation! I have since read other reviews about this restaurant on various sites on the Internet and found "poor to fair" to be the norm. I will have to decide if I will return to Changs in the future and order something else. I would like to give them another chance ??

• Visited December 2012
Wallingford, CT
“Good food, good allergy policy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our daughter has a nut allergy and she normally can't eat chinese food because we don't trust that there won't be nut oil in the entrees and alot of time the staff doesn't speak enough English to convey our concerns about the allergy. PF Changs has a nut free menu and the food is not prepared in the same area with nuts. They take allergies very seriously. Plus the food is really good. We love the the chicken lettuce wraps and the moo shoo pork. The steamed dumplings are also excellent. The staff is always very nice. It gets quite busy there on weekends so you might want to make a reservation. You can do that on their website.

• Visited November 2012
Nashua
“Great chain, excellent location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Party of six: two children with parents and grandparents.
This is one of the finest PF Chang's locations I have visited, having been to other stores in Honolulu, Colorado, Boston, Las Vegas, and Austin. Phenomenal service from exuberant waitstaff, and excellent food as always. Decor is modern and chic, without overdoing the Chinese angle or being overly pretentious.
My wife had the Asian Grilled Norwegian Salmon, which was delicious and fresh. I had the Kung Pao shrimp, which was quite good if a little too salty. Grandpa had the pepper steak and could not say enough good things about it. Grammy had the Shanghai shrimp with garlic sauce -- no complaints. Kids had the Baby Buddha's feast and actually ate the vegetables. They also liked the hinged baby chopsticks, which I had not seen before at PF Chang's.

It was pricy, but worth it for a very nice family dinner with options for everyone. Even if you are not a fan of Chinese food per se, my guess is that you will find something to like here. Oh yeah, the desserts are incredible -- we had the Banana Spring Rolls and the Great Wall of Chocolate.

• Visited September 2012
Westfield, New Jersey
“Great choices for vegetarians and vegans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We visited this PF Changs on a recent Saturday night. Our party of seven included 3 vegans, two vegetarians, and two omnivores. As always, the choices were many and the food delicious. The service was attentive and prompt, and the decor pleasant. My only complaint...it was COLD in there. I wish I had brought a sweater. We always seek out a PF Changs when we travel (this one was half an hour from where we were staying) because we can count on a great meal there.

• Visited September 2012