We were dropping our daughter off at college last weekend, and this hotel was one of the recommended hotels on the college’s website and it also had great reviews on TripAdvisor. My wife and I liked it so much, we have already made reservations there for Parent’s Weekend.
Complimentary breakfast – Very good. Selection of six cold cereals (in small 1 ounce boxes instead of the usual large cereal dispensers), hot oatmeal, OJ, apple juice, cranberry juice, breads, bagels, muffins, pre-made ham and cheese omelets, make-your-own waffles, and three flavors of yogurt. Regular and skim milk are available.
Room – “Regular” style room with a King size bed is HUGE (about 22' x 16', plus a 5’ x 9’ “entry” when you walk into the room between the door and the main part of the room). (The “Suite” style room is probably even larger). Closet 2’ x 3’ with regular size wooden hangers that are removable. The room is well lit. Our room did not include either a refrig. or a microwave, but the front desk staff was happy to keep an item that we needed refrigerated in a refrig. behind the front desk.
Shower – a large walk in shower (about 3’ x 5.5’, no bathtub), very strong water pressure, excellent shower head nozzle, and water gets comfortably hot. Bathroom is large - about 9' x 5.5', including a 2’ wide sink/vanity and excluding the shower.
Towels - good size, fairly thick
Toilet paper and tissues – adequate thickness and softness.
Bathroom amenities – good quality shampoo, conditioner and soap.
One King Size Bed - Very comfortable with clean sheets.
Pillows – comfortable.
Lapdesk in room.
Room curtains - kept the room nice and dark in the morning.
Outlets – Three very accessible outlets – two on top of the bedside table, one on top of the desk.
Coffeemaker in room.
Hallways - wide and well lit.
A business office on the lobby level with two relatively new and fast computers and a good printer.
Staff- friendly and helpful.
Fitness Room- 2 good treadmills and a stationary bike (I didn’t try the bike), a good multi-station weight machine, free weights, an exercise mat, a workout bench and 4 medicine balls of different weights. The personal TVs attached to the front of the treadmills did not seem to work (although I didn’t ask the staff for help with them). The room could have been a couple of degrees cooler.
Pool - decent size and looked very clean. There is also a whirlpool – we didn’t see what it looked like, though.
Hotel location – off of a main street - appears to be a safe area.
Liked — HUGE clean, comfortable room and hot shower, friendly staff and variety of apparatuses in the Fitness Room.
Disliked — no refrig. or microwave in room – although that was a minor inconvenience for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending perfectly with the charm of historic Farmington Valley, this Hartford Farmington hotel is situated in a natural setting, complete with lush landscaping and a fountain pond. Minutes from downtown Hartford, Connecticut, and the Bradley International Airport, the Hampton Inn & Suites® Hartford/Farmington hotel is in the center of rich American history, Fortune 500 businesses, prestigious boarding schools, day schools and universities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Hartford/Farmington
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington Hotel Farmington