All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastwe've stayedthe breakfast areacoffee and teaking suiteindoor poolclean roomsexercise roomwould highly recommend this hotelpleasant stayfitness centerwaffle makerwafflesbusiness tripone night stay
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great place for an overnight stay!! From the picture I thought it was going to be a bit "stuffy" but was pleasantly surprised on how modern and updated it was. Stayed w/a basketball team and heard no noise from other rooms. Dining was down the road and Westfarms Mall was 3 miles away which had more dining options for a larger group. Easy check-in and out, free breakfast is always a PLUS, indoor pool was great for the kids. I will definitely stay here again if in the area!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear zen103:

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the location to be convenient. The pool is a popular amenity, especially when traveling with your family. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stay at this Hampton Inn about once a month or so on business. I can't recall ever having a problem there. Service has always been friendly and excellent.

Rooms are very nice as it is brand new. The regular rooms are fairly standard, but decent sized. Their suites have an open floor plan with basically a dividing piece of open shelves between the sitting area and the bedroom, so they are physically the room with no door to block off. That may or may not be an issue, depending on who/how you're traveling. Since I mostly travel solo to the area, I definitely like the extra space, and it's a reasonable premium over a regular room.

Breakfast is good - they stay very much on top of things (perhaps because it is a smaller hotel as well) insuring food is well-stocked, equipment works, etc., and it's a nice quiet sitting area to relax that is right off the front desk.

All-in-all, of all the hotels in this area (some that might be considered more upscale), Hampton Inn Hartford/Farmington is definitely at the top of that list.

1  Thank Michael L
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Michael L:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your stays at our property. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. We look forward to seeing you each month, and feel free to contact me directly if there is anything we can do for you.

See you soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's new, clean and attractively furnished. It is extremely well run. The pool is lovely and the breakfast room is cozy. The breakfast was as good as any free hotel breakfast I have had. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Our third floor corner room was very quiet.
1  Thank Margaret H
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear MargaretH:

Thank you for positing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Farmington area!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

At least twice a year, I have to spend time in central Connecticut on business, which is one of the few indignities of my life, and as indignities go on a grand scale, it's not such a bad one.

There have traditionally been a handful of adequate, but unexceptional hotels in the area. When the Hampton Inn & Suites opened up off I-84, I assumed it would be more of the same -- a solid, but unexceptional 3-star property.

I'm not sure Hampton Inn & Suites offers a product that's tangibly better than area competitors. They certainly didn't dazzle with their design choices. But one thing that's been transcendent since Day 1 at this hotel is the service. Whenever I've arrived -- and it's always after two long flights from the west coast, followed by a rental pickup, then a drive from BDL -- a young guy named Brandon has been manning the front desk.

It's not easy to take a lot of pride in service jobs these days if you're under 30. Louis CK probably has the best commentary on this, which you can find somewhere on YouTube. But Brandon has been consistently amazing.

When he recognized that my company's rate code wasn't entered into the reservation, he fixed it proactively (I didn't catch it). On my first visit, I was upgraded to a roomy suite outfitted with a fridge.

Making the assumption that all rooms had fridges, on my next visit I stopped at a grocery to pick up some healthy food -- much of it perishable. After Brandon checked me in, I arrived at my standard room to the disappointment that it had no fridge. I called down to see what my options were. Brandon insisted upon coming upstairs with a new key to an upgraded suite, so I could have the use of a fridge for my food. Didn't charge me extra and didn't make me haul my things back downstairs to pick up a new room key.

It's stuff like this that distinguishes a nondescript hotel that, by its very nature, is virtually indistinguishable.

Since the hotel is new, many of the amenities are above standard. For instance, the fitness room is a bit small, but it's well-outfitted.

1  Thank kfastuff
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear kfastuff:

Thank you so much for taking time to post such a lenghtly wonderful review about your stays with us! I am so happy to hear that Brandon has ensured your stays are satisfactory and I know he will be happy to read your comments. We take great pride in the service we provide to all of our guests when in the Farmington area, and it is rewarding to read your comments.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is new, and very nice, full breakfast. pool, great service, and really great prices. my last stay was in Zanesville, OH at a fairfield and it was just really bad. this place makes up for that, very modern, and 1/2 the price of most other hotels I've stayed in this year. would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear G C:

Thank you so much for taking time to post a wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us! I look forward to sharing your review with our team, and we hope to see you again soon!