All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastwe've stayedthe breakfast areacoffee and teaking suiteindoor poolclean roomsexercise roomwould highly recommend this hotelpleasant stayfitness centerwaffle makerwafflesbusiness tripone night stay
Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's new, clean and attractively furnished. It is extremely well run. The pool is lovely and the breakfast room is cozy. The breakfast was as good as any free hotel breakfast I have had. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Our third floor corner room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Margaret H
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear MargaretH:

Thank you for positing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Farmington area!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

At least twice a year, I have to spend time in central Connecticut on business, which is one of the few indignities of my life, and as indignities go on a grand scale, it's not such a bad one.

There have traditionally been a handful of adequate, but unexceptional hotels in the area. When the Hampton Inn & Suites opened up off I-84, I assumed it would be more of the same -- a solid, but unexceptional 3-star property.

I'm not sure Hampton Inn & Suites offers a product that's tangibly better than area competitors. They certainly didn't dazzle with their design choices. But one thing that's been transcendent since Day 1 at this hotel is the service. Whenever I've arrived -- and it's always after two long flights from the west coast, followed by a rental pickup, then a drive from BDL -- a young guy named Brandon has been manning the front desk.

It's not easy to take a lot of pride in service jobs these days if you're under 30. Louis CK probably has the best commentary on this, which you can find somewhere on YouTube. But Brandon has been consistently amazing.

When he recognized that my company's rate code wasn't entered into the reservation, he fixed it proactively (I didn't catch it). On my first visit, I was upgraded to a roomy suite outfitted with a fridge.

Making the assumption that all rooms had fridges, on my next visit I stopped at a grocery to pick up some healthy food -- much of it perishable. After Brandon checked me in, I arrived at my standard room to the disappointment that it had no fridge. I called down to see what my options were. Brandon insisted upon coming upstairs with a new key to an upgraded suite, so I could have the use of a fridge for my food. Didn't charge me extra and didn't make me haul my things back downstairs to pick up a new room key.

It's stuff like this that distinguishes a nondescript hotel that, by its very nature, is virtually indistinguishable.

Since the hotel is new, many of the amenities are above standard. For instance, the fitness room is a bit small, but it's well-outfitted.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kfastuff
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear kfastuff:

Thank you so much for taking time to post such a lenghtly wonderful review about your stays with us! I am so happy to hear that Brandon has ensured your stays are satisfactory and I know he will be happy to read your comments. We take great pride in the service we provide to all of our guests when in the Farmington area, and it is rewarding to read your comments.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is new, and very nice, full breakfast. pool, great service, and really great prices. my last stay was in Zanesville, OH at a fairfield and it was just really bad. this place makes up for that, very modern, and 1/2 the price of most other hotels I've stayed in this year. would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear G C:

Thank you so much for taking time to post a wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us! I look forward to sharing your review with our team, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Excellent stay. Good clean room, adequate breakfast and good service overall. I would not hesitate to stay here again. We were given a room far from the elevators an lobby on the first floor so it was very peaceful and quiet. This hotel was a good value.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator, lobby etc
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HAWK23
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Hawk23:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your stay with us! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Farmington area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I come here just to relax for the weekend when I've had an exhausting week I love it it's clean staff is great rooms are very nice they have one if the best complimentary breakfast it's kid friendly and I love it here.

• Stayed: February 2013
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Kenya C:

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that we can provide you with a great place to relax at! We look forward to seeing you again soon!