“Surprised”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I came to Farmington for a business meeting so had to stay one night. I must say I was PLEASANTLY surprised by how nice it is. When I learned this was just built it all made sense. Unlike New York and other big cities, the room was really spacious. I also appreciated the fitness room which was small but really clean.

I will say though that like many other hotels I've stayed in, the slamming of other doors could be heard inside my room even with the television on. And I was a bit put off by the styrofoam plates and cups at breakfast. I mean this hotel had an upscale decor, can we get glassware to match??? Also, there was no toothpaste in the room. You either had this watered down, faux mouthwash rinse or you had to go to the barely friendly guy behind the desk and beg for toothpaste.

All in all it was still great, I'd definitely recommend a stay to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MissRichelle
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear MissRichelle:

Thank you for taking time to share about your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that the doors were loud during your stay, we do our best to ensure they close and aren't slamming loud. In our breakfast area we are currently using a Hilton Brand Standard eco friendly plate, I know that it has a styrofoam appearance but it is in fact an eco friendly option.
We look forward to your next stay with us and hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The lobby is very inviting and warm. Stayed in the first guest room on the first floor so we were close to the complimentary coffee and cookies in the lobby. Yay! Room was a good size and clean. Enjoyed the large desk in room. Not much nearby unfortunately but we found a local health store and had a little picnic in room. Great for our quick college visit to Wesleyan.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Cassiebehling:

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Next time you stay with us stop by at the front desk and we can recommend some local restaurants or things to do.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I travel three weeks out of every month and found this to be a very inviting atmosphere. I was in the hotel with a group which was great as breakfast and post event meetings in the hallway were welcomed. The Hampton has big furniture in the general areas that they didn't mind us moving around to make a post event bar and breakfast gathering.
The room was big and clean with lots of towels. I like their way of rolling them up and stuffing the bookcase with towels. I wonder if anyone uses them all. Free parking. Free wifi. I was happy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Stylelust:

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted to hear that you have been enjoying your stays with us! We look forward to seeing you for your next stay with us, and feel free to contact me if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times now and have not had anything but a pleasant experience even when twice, it has been quite crowded. It's clean, inviting, and restful looking in the lobby, the rooms, the halls and bathrooms.ALL of the linen is fresh for each guest, and the more-than-continental breakfast is ample and varied. There is a pool that I haven't used but it looks nice and the exercise room is enough also. Also, the heating, cooling system is relatively quiet and the thermostat seems to work pretty well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear daphaney:

Thank you so much for the review! I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and we look forward to seeing you again. We strive to ensure all of our guests receive not only the best service but the cleanest rooms, so thank you for recognizing our efforts.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not one of the best Hampton Inns we've stayed at. The hotel room was fine although the layout was a bit weird. We've stayed in a Hampton room like this before in Michigan. The staff needs to learn from the Hampton Inn in Sarasota which we visited in October how to be accommodating and nice! They were all too busy talking with each other, we weren't even acknowledged coming in or leaving the hotel. Not a word, no good afternoon, good morning, hello, hi, nothing, they just looked at us and went back to talking to each other. The coffee/tea station was empty and in desperate need of filling. We had a room with a sofa sleeper and no blanket so we called to ask for a blanket and got a cold response like we were bothering the front desk! It's cold in New England and why wasn't there a blanket in the room for the sleeper sofa? We got a cold curt "I'll bring it up."
The breakfast was a total ZOO, no where to sit, wall to wall people trying to maneuver without getting hot tea or coffee on you. Extremely weird seating which wasted a lot of space, grabbed the first seat we could get and the chair was so squishy you were chin high at the table! We were a family of three and had to wait for a table and clean it ourselves since there was no one around. The breakfast was not good, eggs were dry actually they were way beyond dry! There was one waffle maker for full hotel. Like I said we just stayed at a Hampton Inn in Sarasota Fl in October for FIVE nights and it was awesome, fantastic and the staff was soooo friendly. Not the case here at all. There are better places to stay and we won't be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JLESarasota
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear JLEPennsylvania:

I am disapointed to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. I will be sure to share your comments with our team so that we can improve these areas and ensure that this is not something another guest experiences. I would like to discuss this further with you, if you can please contact me at your convenience.

860-674-8488

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went to the Hampton Inn Suites in Farmington, CT this past weekend and had to say that it was well worth every dollar spent. Reasonable prices, great staff, nice clean rooms, and complimentary breakfast that wasn't so bad! Had a great time and its not to far from West Hartford, Simsbury Commons, etc. There is plenty to do in Connecticut!

Room Tip: King rooms have refrigerators and microwaves - double queen bed rooms don't. Rooms in the south...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Vik S:

Thank you for taking time to post a review from your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found plenty to do in the area. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington when I went to Connecticut for my High School Reunion. The rooms were VERY clean and comfortable. I felt very safe staying there at the hotel. The parking lot is well lit and has plenty of safe parking. Full breakfast served. Breakfast was wonderful.
The employees were very pleasant and helpful. Felt welcome at this hotel.
Will stay there again when in Connecticut.
Great hotel.

Lorraine A.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lorraine A
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Lorraine A.:

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a wonderful review regarding your stay with us! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room, and the breakfast. We look forward to your next visit to the Farmington area!

Lindsey Brodeur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington? Share your experiences!