I came to Farmington for a business meeting so had to stay one night. I must say I was PLEASANTLY surprised by how nice it is. When I learned this was just built it all made sense. Unlike New York and other big cities, the room was really spacious. I also appreciated the fitness room which was small but really clean.
I will say though that like many other hotels I've stayed in, the slamming of other doors could be heard inside my room even with the television on. And I was a bit put off by the styrofoam plates and cups at breakfast. I mean this hotel had an upscale decor, can we get glassware to match??? Also, there was no toothpaste in the room. You either had this watered down, faux mouthwash rinse or you had to go to the barely friendly guy behind the desk and beg for toothpaste.
All in all it was still great, I'd definitely recommend a stay to anyone visiting the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending perfectly with the charm of historic Farmington Valley, this Hartford Farmington hotel is situated in a natural setting, complete with lush landscaping and a fountain pond. Minutes from downtown Hartford, Connecticut, and the Bradley International Airport, the Hampton Inn & Suites® Hartford/Farmington hotel is in the center of rich American history, Fortune 500 businesses, prestigious boarding schools, day schools and universities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington Hotel Farmington
- Hampton Inn And Suites Hartford/Farmington