“happy at hampton!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We are booked for our 4th trip to the Hampton because we LOVE it! Each year we gather for an overnight with some friends. The hotel is newly updated, clean and comfortable! The King Suite is perfect for our family as it gives us some extra room to spread out! The hotel staff is always very kind as we hang out in the front lobby and spread out with our friends (and snacks)! There is a pool, computer room, food nearby and a complimentary breakfast. The exercise room is small but nicely equipped.

Room Tip: depending if you are traveling with children, you might want to request a room on the first floor (p...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear jstel:

Thanks for your review! We are excited to welcome you and your friends back! Please let me know if there is anything we can do to better accomodate you on this trip or if you need anything during your stay!
See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a new property, clean and well-appointed with some nice plantings outside. However, we were there for a wedding (and the hotel knew we were part of this group). When we had checked in the night before, we found we'd been given 1 towel each -- so I left a note asking for 2 more as we needed them for hairdrying etc.

We were most disappointed when we returned to our room at 2:30pm and it had not been serviced. We only had an hour before our departure, so we needed time to shower and dress. I had to hunt through the hallways to ask for more towels ... and they were not too gracious about giving them to me. At 3 pm we got the 'housekeeping' knock --- really ??

But the thing that REALLY bothered me was the excessive use of styrofoam and plastic in the breakfast room. STYROFOAM NEVER DEGRADES !! There has to be an affordable, more environmental alternative. I actually used a napkin as a plate for my english muffin. Additionally we had stryofoam cups in our room. Yuk, Yuk, Yuk.

Room Tip: Some others in our party told us they had a refrigerator, which we did not -- and there is no bar, s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank outoford

Dear outoford:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is only through comments such as yours are we able to improve the service and product we provide. I will be sure to share your comments with our Executive Housekeeper so that we can ensure this is not something another guest will experience.
I understand your concerns for styrofoam plates. We do use a enviromentally friendly product per Hilton that is called Enviroware, and it is not harsh on the enviroment like styrofoam.
It would be my pleasure to disccus your stay with you in more detail, please contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed here recently during a business trip for 5 days and was really impressed by this hotel.

This Hampton Inn is larger than the norm and an excellent value and service for business travelers. They have an impressive breakfast every morning and even pack a breakfast bag which they keep at the front desk to grab as you go. They also have snacks in the lobby, like fresh popcorn and cookies.

The hotel was clean and the bed and sheet was really comfortable. They do advertise that they wash the sheets and comforter every day, but don't and I hope its after every stay because the entire time I was there they didn't change mine.

The staff is really friendly. They do offer a courtesy van to drop and pick up anywhere you want to go, but you do have to check because its only available if they have staff on hand.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Padmini S:

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and the to go bags! Our housekeeping staff pride themselves on their rooms, and I will share your comments with them. We do advertise our sheet changing process, and we do change all linens after each guest.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is fairly new. The king suite is beautiful, with a small refrigerator and microwave. The free breakfast was delicious, and the personnel were very friendly and helpful. Nice outdoor patio where we sat with friends and ate breakfast. Love this place!

Room Tip: Right off the highway and easy to find.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear vacationkingCt:

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I have to say that a lot of our guests comment on how wonderful the patio is for breakfast. I can't wait to share your comments with my team!
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Farmington area!

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. The first night was lovely, the second noisy due to multiple groups staying in the hotel. The staff did a nice job trying to control the situation but....
Great location, staff extremely nice, overall a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear a5z:

I am so sorry to hear you experienced some noise during your stay with us. We do our best to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay and I hope we were able to get things quieted down for you.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Farmington area!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed in this Hampton on a Monday night for work. I was surprised by how crowded it was on a Monday. The hotel was nice overall. I loved the fact that they have coffee and tea at all times. The breakfast was also really good- it was actually better than a lot of other Hamptons I've stayed at.

I was suprised that there was no hair dryer in my room but other than that the hotel was good and I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Irishgirl126

Dear Irishgirl126:

Thank you for taking time to post about your recent stay with us! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and cannot wait to share your comments with the team!
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

An Excellent Hampton!! My husband and I were traveling on Labor Day weekend to "Lime Rock
Park". Since it is a 3 hour ride for us each way, we decided to stay over & relax.

We had a suite and since this Hampton is a newer version than any we have previously stayed in, we were very pleasantly surprised!! The new design of the suites, is very appealing & very spacious. We had a separate "bar" area with a mini fridge, microwave, counter & sink.

The staff was very friendly & accommodating. The pool was nicely done and very clean.

The location is perfect in this area, as a stopping over point and close to West Farms Mall which is fabulous!! The rate at this Hampton was also very reasonable.

We would not hesitate to stay at this Hampton Again!! Hope all the Hamptons are re-designing
their rooms like this one!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Rosieeb72:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Tripadvisor! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the design of your suite. We hope your travels bring you back to the Farmington area again so we can welcome you back as our guest again.

Lindsey Brodeur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington? Share your experiences!