“Can't wait to return!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This property is definitely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Even from the moment I walked in the door, the person at the front desk was extremely polite and friendly and addressed me by my name and made me feel right at home. The room I stayed in was extremely spacious and clean. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and I slept very well. The amenities were great as well. They had a great fitness center and their breakfast was at the most convenient time and they had a wonderful selection. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed February 16, 2011

I got a good deal on the room. My room was clean, water ran hot, TV had movie channels. Only two small pet peeves: 1) I got back to my room after midnight and there were no parking spots. I had to use a handicapped spot which i NEVER do, but there were at least 20 open handicapped spots. 2) In the morning I could hear kids running and talking, not sure if it was in the hallway or above me, or in the room next door. I sleep heavily so it wasn't an issue. Breakfast was included. Hotel is about 10 min from Downtown Hartford, and maybe 5 min from West Hartford Center. Right off the highway, easy to find.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Booked 4 rooms for the holidays. Staff was welcoming and responsive to our needs. They extended our stay when our circumstances changed, allowing us to keep the original low rate that we booked at. The staff even let us use one of the meeting rooms that was not booked, so that our large group could bring in pizza & play family games without monopolizing the lobby. Breakfast was great, not your typical continental breakfast. It included an egg entree that changed every day. Other little perks included hot coffee, tea, or hot chocolate all day as well as fresh fruit in the lobby. We definitely plan to stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2010

Booked king suite with adjoining king room. Priced not much more than a one-bedroom suite at an inferior nearby hotel these two rooms were ideal for a me, my wife and toddler. Excellent service. Staff member kindly delivered a crib and chocolate milk to us upon our arrival at 1:30. Rooms are excellent and recently renovated. Definitely upgrade to the larger king suite as it is very roomy and stylishly designed. The only choice for Farmington and one of the best similarly=priced hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Hucksterling
Reviewed December 2, 2010

We stayed here the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. The hotel is relatively new. All of the furnishings were modern. There two large fireplaces that were lit in the morning where one could eat breakfast nearby.
Breakfast was wonderful. Fresh fruit, yogurt parfaits, eggs with bacon or ham, make-your-own waffles, pastries, muffins, oatmeal, cold cereals. The hot food was hot and very flavorful.
The bathrooms were very large and included a hair dryer and small coffee maker.
There are no refrigerators in the rooms.
There is a swimming pool that is large enough to swim laps, and a hot tub as well. These are open until 11:00 p.m. There is also a workout room with several elliptical machines as well as weight benches. All facilities were included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank geismom
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Long needed new property in Farmington CT . We have stayed here several times on both weeknights and weekends as we are from Farmington and visit family often.

Weeknights tend to be less than half full. The suites are huge rooms with kitchenettes and really flexible work space. Weekends are dominated by traveling sports teams, so try to book a third floor room at the end of a wing to reduce the common area noise.
The staff here is super friendly and responsive to any issues you may have (we had a room with a plumbing problem the first night - but please note it was due to construction and we were the first ones to stay in the room so the problem hadn't been discovered yet).

Great indoor pool and smallish hot tub combined with a fitness center that doesn't close makes this more than a value. I highly recommend it for the price - 30% less than the Marriott. They also don't nickel and dime you on stuff like the Marriott chain does.
Breakfast is included and coffee is around 24 hours. Plus free wi-fi.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rainydayinnyc
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night and were very impressed with this property. Not only was the hotel clean and new, but the complimentary buffet breakfast was terrific. We felt the rate paid was a real bargain for what we received at this property and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4starrs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#6 of 6 in Farmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington? Share your experiences!