Farmington Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Advance Motel(Plainville)
View Hotel
Delamar West Hartford(West Hartford)
View Hotel
West Hartford Inn(West Hartford)
View Hotel
All reviewsfour postercookiesyogurtcrackershard boiled eggsbridal suitepiccolo aranciocontinental breakfastposter bedwedding guestsstay there againfeather pillowsnice lobbycoffee teawaffle makershort staydesk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I recently got married at the Hillstead Museum in Farmington, and we blocked off rooms for our guests at the Farmington Inn. I also stayed there myself, in the bridal suite. I could not be happier with the service of the hotel. Every person I spoke with prior to the wedding was extremely accommodating and friendly (a real person answers the phone right away, as opposed to the Marriott on the other side of town, where you deal with their global block sales office - a nightmare). My guests also found the staff friendly and enjoyed the continental breakfast each morning and the rooms clean and charming.
I stayed in the bridal suite which was lovely and more than spacious enough for 6 bridesmaids to get ready in on the wedding day (plus my mom and hair stylist). When my husband and I returned to our room after the wedding, the Farmington Inn had left us a bottle of wine and a congraultions note. It was a very sweet touch.
I will note that the pictures on their website make the hotel look as if it is farther from the street than it actually is, and I wouldn't call it an inn in the traditional sense (it is bigger, and less old/quirky, but that's ok). I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area for a wedding or for business who would like a less corporate place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ags037
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We were in Hartford the last weekend of August for a friend's wedding, and stayed at the Farmington Inn for 2 nights. Room is large and comfortable. Staff friendly. Good continental breakfast selections (coffee, tea, cereal, pancakes, muffins, juice, fruit, etc). Wireless internet is free and strong, especially in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed September 8, 2010

My family and I stayed here the week before Labor Day while visiting relatives in central Connecticut. The staff was very nice -- especially to our 50-pound dog --the contintental breakfast and evening wine delightful, and the room clean and comfortable. There was no exercise room (one is under construction, I understand), but the hotel provided vouchers for both a pool and a fitness center down the road.

We will definitely come back. Our eight-year-old son is on a gluten-free diet and there was a fabulous pizza place right across the street that served gluten-free pizza!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kidquertus
Reviewed August 18, 2010

we stayed 5 nights, and enjoyed our stay.
some great food and bars nearby [excelent pizza opposite] as the hotel doesnt have a restaurant

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank alanmcg2016
Reviewed July 30, 2010

One night stay on a business trip. Friendly staff, large rooms, plenty of parking.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business