“Such a weird management”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Farmington Inn

Farmington Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Farmington
“Such a weird management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I have never been expect how bad experience I had with this hotel.i booked the room throw hotels.com for king suite they gave me king I was upset enough only reason I stay there for funeral. I couldn't deal with it.i called hotels .com and told them they gave me wrong room but hotel itself saying they gave mr king how can this be a business when you gave something else and call me a lier .I recommend not to do business with this hotel.baddddfd

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The Farmington Inn is conveniently located near West Hartford (which has only one poorly rated hotel). The staff were very friendly and helpful. We appreciated the hotel's excellent restaurant (Piccolo Arancio) and that a Starbucks was a short walk across the street. We also appreciated the free wifi. Downsides were the peeling paint in the bathroom and stained carpeting in our room. All in all an adequate place to stay and a good value with AAA discount.

• Stayed June 2013
Menifee, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We could not wait to check out of this hotel.
We stayed 2 nights and it will definitely be our last.
2 of the 4 lightbulbs in the room didn't work, the tub filled up every time we took a shower and wouldn't drain at all, the beds were hard as a rock, the whole room was dingy and outdated, and the service was equally bad.
Also, they put us in a room right over the main road in Farmington and it was soooo loud all night long.
We told the front desk about the light bulbs and tub on our way out first thing in the morning. When we returned in the evening, not only was nothing done about it, but our room had still not been cleaned up.
My husband went down to let them know and they didn't seem to care at all. They sent someone up finally with 2 light bulbs and handed them to him to do himself at the door.
This will be our last stay here. Very sad because we have family just up the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Farmington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at the Inn for several months (nine) while relocating to CT from PA. We lived at the house on premises. This gave us a real up close and personal view of the Inn. Our delight and expectations were exceeded. Nancy (the office manager) and Darlene made sure all of our needs were met, Ramsey took care of any problems wonderfully, and housekeeping (in particular Patel) were extremely professional and conscientious. I would highly recommend staying at the Farmington Inn. Everyone at the front desk (Ashley, Andrew, and Richard) were all helpful and kind. I especially loved the complimentary cookies (oatmeal raisin)! They even have a complimentary happy hour with hors d'ouevres and wine.

It is really centrally located with easy access to I-84. I would often just walk to Starbucks's for a caffeine fix or Peachwave for desert. If you wish to have something a little stronger, there is a liquor store next to the frozen yogurt place. I would also walk to the grocery store (Highland Park) but it is a little over 1 mile down a very scenic road. It is a pleasant walk through history, especially reading about the homes on Farmington Ave involved in the underground railroad.

Room Tip: If you stay at the house, traffic can be a little noisy (especially the fire trucks).
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Let me start by saying that I'm getting married in August and have been shopping around local hotels to book a few rooms for out of town guests. I was referred to the Farmington Inn by Farmington Gardens and had no idea on how to go about doing this. I called and a front desk employee who introduced himself as Richard was very helpful and informative. He then connected me to the sales manager Darlene who just blew me away. I was very impressed since I had called other hotels with the same questions but NO ONE made me feel as excited as Darlene did. She was so informative and assured me that she would personally make sure that my guests and I are taking care of so that I don't have to worry about that part of my wedding. From the food to the transportation she would take care of it since she has a great team that goes above and beyond for their guest. I am actually looking forward to my stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dunmore, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Check in was super easy, pleasant people at the front dest, rooms are average sized.
The placed seemed old as the floors in the halls creaked and given a metal key for the room that had a tube Tv.
Not very handicap friendly, lots of steps and no elevators, but can be worked around to accommodate handicap needs.
Restaurant, pizza parlor and liquor store in walking distance on a street that can get busy, but a traffic signal is on the corner making crossing easy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Avon Old Farms Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Courtyard Hartford Farmington
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington

Been to Farmington Inn? Share your experiences!