“Interesting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falls Village
The Falls Village Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is truly a grm, the rooms are great the relaxation is there and the owner Colin is a true gentleman. My experience was great until the night time, when my friends and I were ar the bar. The place was busy with patrons at 9:30 with drinkers and we ended up getting shshshed by the bartender. Apparently its a bar w people but it has to be quiet. The owner or lair (not Colin) a woman who was rude, distrespectful, and does not handle situations well. This is a beautiful place but make it a short visit, and dont go there looking for more then a quiet bar. I give it a solid but woman like that can hurt your business.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Traveler860_203

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The wife and I spend a good bit of vacation time up in this corner of CT. We love the relaxed atmosphere and lush farmland, which is a contrast to our normal routine and scenery in NJ and NYC.

One of the spots we come back to most often is the Falls Village Inn. We were there at the time of its restoration, and seeing it brought back to its former glory now is a pleasure to behold. The rooms are finely appointed, thanks to the talent of Bunny Williams and the vision of the Innkeepers, and the kitchen and tap room are kept humming along by Chef Jose and bartender Chris (who makes the perfect Greyhound).

Some of our favorite dishes include: Chicken wings, linguine with white clam sauce, seafood cocktail (ceviche), Maine lobster roll, chicken pot pie, mac & cheese, fish tacos, and the Inn burger. We've also enjoyed their Sunday brunch where the Eggs Benedict, blueberry pancakes, and homemade corned beef hash are stand-outs.

The food and desserts are sourced from the surrounding area, so you know the ingredients are as fresh as can be. That sort of attention to detail and respect for local farmers and artisans is very important in an age of packaged this and processed that.

We will continue to return as long as the Inn is standing, and hope the friendships we've made there will be ones that continue. Stay for the weekend, enjoy the comfy rooms and yummy dinners, and take the time to explore the countryside.

5 stars.

Room Tip: When staying with kids, pick the Blue Room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank duaneromanell
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had dinner there before going to a concert at Music Mountain. The dinning room is not fancy, but it is clean and bright. The same could be said about the food. The meals were not incredibly complicated, but the portions were large and the taste was very good. I thought that the prices were just a little high, but then considering that this is one of the most expensive regions to live in Connecticut (if not the whole East Coast), they were not really bad. Over all it was a good meal in nice surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn for a two night getaway. The owner Sue, was extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed in the blue room which had delightfully soft sheets and a tasteful decor. I loved all the historic details that were respected during the recent renovation. In the morning there was a continental breakfast waiting for us downstairs. We had dinner there two nights in a row it was so good! We had a variety of items on the menu and specials, such as the NY strip steak, the salmon, the marinated lamb special and the swordfish special. everything was extremely fresh and expertly prepared. The wait staff was very pleasant and attentive. I would make a point of going back for our next getaway!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here after reading press on the hotel in the New York Times and Travel & Leisure. The house is pleasant enough with charming rooms that are a bit loud in the mornings and evenings (as an old house typically is - you can hear everything going on in the halls). The main complaint I had is that the hotel does not offer breakfast with the rooms which is a shame as the food here is nice and there is not even a tea/coffee maker in your room. I've never stayed in a small inn that doesn't offer this service. It would be a small improvement to put that in the room and have a continental service with muffins and OJ downstairs that would make a world of difference. We had lunch there and the burger was amazing. We also had dessert there a few nights but nothing to write home about. The lovely cakes from Sweet Williams are best served room temperature to avoid hard icing but they were served straight from the fridge.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank London93
Reviewed January 16, 2012

If you like brown paper bag table coverings, this is the place for you. They serve overly spiced grocery store crackers/flatbread instead of a nice warm bread. This goes well with the brown paper bag table coverings. If you prefer a very plain dinning room with no atmosphere, you might like the Falls Village Inn Restaurant. I found the food and the service to be mediocre.
There are better places to dine.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sylvia V
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed over the Labor Day weekend, while watching the Lime Rock historic racing (that was excellent, by the way), and the inn was full of face fans and locals, who all appeared so glad to have somewhere like the inn to eat. We had the spacious yellow room and I loved the furnishings - sofa upholstered in grey linen, and the most comfortable and lovely bed etc. I didn't know you could get an iron bedstead so big! The room needed a bit of a dust and I cleaned some marks off the chair and sofa, as they are too nice to see get spoiled.

The inn is an old building and you have to expect creaks and rattles - you can hear when other guests are talking in the hall or going up and down the stairs, no big deal. But the yellow room is over the front door and the room literally shook every time someone came in and out (that Saturday it was every few minutes) - people weren't slamming the door, its just a very heavy door in an old building.

The weather was very humid and the air con was great. The bathroom (no bath) is roomy, an extra self would be useful to put your toiletries etc on, as everytime I put things in a drawer, I leave them there!

When we arrived we asked 'what do people normally do for breakfast?' and the answer was "Well, we could leave something out for you, but most people go to the Toymakers Cafe", so we gathered breakfast wasn't included in the room rate. We ate twice in the inn's restaurant - my husband had the most wonderful salmon fishcakes with saffron rice and aspragus on the first night, another lovely fish dish the second evening and we had delicious desserts both evenings.

If we were in the area, I would stay here again and ask for the yellow room - that bed outweighs the rooms shakes!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Falls Village Inn? Share your experiences!