“Last time!”

Ranked #44 of 253 Restaurants in Fairfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

I have loved this place forever..but sometimes you have to say this is the last time I will let you treat me poorly! My sister & I boycotted it for 2 years for snobbish attitude..was easing back..after being turned away with an unlocked door saying we open in a half hour & are going to eat our family meal at the bar? I would have gladly had a glass of wine & waited a half hour! Read my book and not bothered a sole! Off my list!!

1  Thank Suzanne D

Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

I would suggest reservations. Quaint little place inside a multi family home. Parking is difficult. Menu was nice however a bit pricey for the portion size. Server had to keep checking with the kitchen when we had questions. Some items poorly cooked or undercooked, and salty. Kitchen staff need a tune up. $25 cork charge if you bring your own wine.

Reviewed December 7, 2016

It took us months to find Liana's some years back. The address is on Tunxis Hill Road but you actually have to turn left OFF Tunxis Hill to get to 591 Tunxis Hill. However, once we found it, we made a beeline to Liana's whenever we wanted to be pampered and eat great Italian food at the same time. Chances are good that you will see Liana herself as she frequently comes out to make certain guests are well taken care of.

We advise making a reservation as it's a small, popular restaurant. I just read one recent review that said it only caters to regulars. Not true! I'm sorry if that reviewer had a bad experience. I would certainly say to give Liana's a second try. We're gone six months a year so we are hardly "regulars" anywhere but we've never felt anything but welcomed here.

1  Thank LilyK88
Reviewed November 27, 2016

I have heard nothing but great things about this restaurant. I have never felt more unwelcome at a restaurant in my life. I may give it one more chance, but I think you should make every customer feel at home no matter what!! Also a bit bright for dinner.

2  Thank jenniebelco
Reviewed November 21, 2016 via mobile

Liana's is such a special place. My parents LOVE coming here, and they're always greeted by the bar staff and owners with a familial warmth. Everything is homemade and delicious. Liana is such a nice woman. Great wine selection, full bar. Highly recommend, reservations are a must. The place is small and gets very full!

Been to Liana's Trattoria? Share your experiences!