“Good, not great lunch”

Order Online
Ranked #3 of 270 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Today I met a business colleague and we enjoyed a nice lunch here. The service was great, we had a nice seat outdoors on the patio, they had a limited beer selection and the food was very good. I was a little disappointed at the small size of the portions, we split a pear salad and an eggplant pizza. I just don't think this restaurant stands out from any of the others in Fairfield, that might be because of what I ordered. I'd like to give it another try.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (164)

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

Great pizzas which are brick oven style, chewy crust that tastes like nothing else in town, wine selection is very nice and service is excellent as well.

We go there 2 to 3 times a month and is in our regular rotation.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank 412stevenp
Reviewed August 10, 2019

Many people swear by Pepe’s in New Haven, but Brick + Wood is a far better choice in my book. They offer friendly service, a casual atmosphere and some of the freshest, most delicious Italian food. Our favorites include the pear and Gorgonzola arancini in brown butter sage sauce, the B+W salad and the Gumba, a brick oven pizza with a delectable balance of spicy tomato sauce, Gorgonzola mozzarella/burrata, red onion, sopressata and hot pepper, and the truffle burrata (ask for extra toasts). I always get the special seasonal sangria with lunch. It really adds a festive and relaxed vibe. I have never tried dessert — i’ve Never had room! Highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank EleanorP608
Reviewed July 3, 2019

Such a great restaurant. The pizzas are great and the arancinis and burratas are even better. We go every time we're in Fairfield and we've never been disappointed. It's as close to a Neapolitan pizza as we've found in the US. Go and enjoy!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Roger S
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

This is a family favorite spot. We always start with the burrata. It is outstanding. We also love nonna’s meatballs and the truffle parm fries. Our favorite pizzas are: the margarita, margarita xtra, barrata pizza, shrimp alla vodka, and the Dallas. You can’t go wrong, really. The crust is so delicious and ovens cook in seconds. It’s different than any other pizza restaurant. I end up craving it the next day. The staff is friendly and efficient. The seats are not too comfy but that helps to shorten the wait time. It is a little noisy. Go, you won’t regret it.

Date of visit: May 2019